Senior Software Engineer - Mobile
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Software Engineer - Mobile
Mastercard is looking for brilliant and passionate Mobile Software Developers to join its customer facing global R&D / innovation services team - Labs as a Service.
Set up in 2014 Labs as a Service is a rapid prototyping and innovation design services team, working with MasterCard's global customer base.
In this role, you will be a key member of a highly agile team of engineers within Mastercard Labs, working to build product prototypes and pilots, in collaboration with global brands in commerce
This is an opportunity to become part of a world class engineering team, dynamically solving real world customer problems - delivering transformational product and service solutions - focused on trending topics and issues globally.
• Are you a talented mobile software engineer with a passion for technology, development and innovation?
• Do you have a strong track record in rapid prototyping and delivering new and exciting projects, and learning new technologies (e.g. Wearable Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things) ?
• Do you have a passion for product design and technology innovation and have a high energy, can-do attitude and strong sense of ownership /desire to succeed?
• Develop apps to solve real world client challenges.
• Proven ability to work on own initiative and deliver results.
• Be a champion for Technological Innovation inside MasterCard Labs.
• Extensive experience in Agile development.
• Strong design skills and experience
• Expert knowledge of mobile devices and capabilities.
• Prior experience of both start-up and corporate environments.
All About You
Suitable candidates will have previous relevant experience in:
•Developing native apps for iOS (Swift) or Android (Kotlin)
•Passion for design principles, patterns and practices (HIGs / Material)
•Depth of experience in custom UI design, animations and interactions
•Conversational UI (CUI / VUI) and Bots (Apple Siri, Amazon Alexa, FB Messenger, Google Assistant)
•Working with UX, Visual and Motion Designers
•Agile, Lean and Kanban tools and processes
•Design Sprints and Innovation experience
In addition to the above skills, experience in the following is highly desirable:
•CI/CD and DevOps (GIT, Fastlane)
•Sensors and IOT (Bluetooth, NFC)
•Developing for different form factors (Mobile, Tablet, Watch, TV, Auto, Smart Display, Kiosk)
•Artificial Intelligence (NLP/ ML/ CNN/ RNN)
•A portfolio of apps (please include links & descriptions)
•Financial services, banking and payment systems
•Flexibility in technology and tools choices
•Communication and interaction skills
•Learn and try new things
This role is based in our Nth Sydney office, however we will be relocating all our Sydney-based employees late 2018 into one new location at St Leonards.
Our new facilities will be one of five Mastercard Global Tech Hub and Innovation Centres - another reason why it is a great time to join!
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Mastercard's Employees
Manager, Product Development & Innovation
Breenae works in the Enterprise Architecture organization, supporting shared information services platforms that allow employees and external users to interact with important data in a secure way.
Back to top