Senior Software Development Engineer - Android, Kotlin
- Pune, India
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team - one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer - Android, Kotlin
- Are you a Senior Professional who want to shape the mobile platform for Mastercard's Strategic Growth initiatives? Are you a professional who wants to partner mission to provide overall stewardship of enterprise grade application architecture & design within the context of holistic software development. This includes driving the development & positive influence to development and design decisions to build consensus around it. The team leads the exploration in software development and engineering excellence practices to delivery very high quality code.
- Senior Professional at, Mastercard is a technology app senior development engineer within the organization and spearheads application development. He or she participates in the Software Development Life Cycle through Coaching, R&D, Proof of Concepts, Prototyping, Development and Code review etc. He or she may also be required to administer training throughout various phases of the development cycle. Additionally, He or she influences the development practices so that they are in compliance with best practices, policies and procedures.
- You can apply if answers to all below questions is 'Yes' from you.
- Are you interested to develop next generation Payment solutions?
- Are you excited about software & mobile technologies used for smarter life and ready to be part of that drive?
- Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
- Do you have expertise in mobile application development with android frameworks?
- Can you technical mentor newer and junior team members?
- Are you self-sufficient in managing workload and schedule?
- Are you technology agnostics and can you adapt new technology and tools?
- Do you have consistent improved performance every year throughout your career?
- Fluent in Java programming language with strong ability to design in OOA/OOD.
- Identifies and implements basic design patterns - Singleton, Factory, Observer, Strategy, etc...
- Thinks beyond code to architecture.
- Understands the maintenance, operational and runtime characteristics of your team's software.
- Gets designs and code reviewed. You provide meaningful feedback on peer design and code reviews.
- Solving difficult technical problem. Solutions are testable, maintainable, and efficient.
- Develops solutions for a major portion of a product or application.
- Demonstrates technical leadership by mentoring juniors and supporting peers. Ability to plan SDLC and own & drive towards quality delivery, FTR, CTQ and CSFs.
- Automates and simplifies team development, test, deployment, and operations processes.
- Understands the team software architecture. Makes trade-off decisions at the application level.
- Documents applications and can train new team members on how the team's software is constructed, operated and fits into the bigger picture.
- Troubleshoots complex problems, define root cause and permanently correct leaving the better and easier to maintain than when you found it.
- Work with Program Manager - Technical (PM-T), Technical Program Manager (TPM) and Software Engineering Manager to translate product use cases and requirements to industry-leading design, architecture and implementations. Set application development direction by contributing towards grooming and prioritizing stories related to baselining software stack, realization of non-functional requirement etc. and critical domain stories. Influence the PM-T to balance the business and technical priorities and the value of the development work.
- Participate in code review of key functionalities or architectural aspects.
- Execute and own the low level design activities collaborating with consultant and engineering Team.
- Regularly communicate with management about risk analysis and design tradeoffs.
- Strong communication skills, with an ability to express and delivering high code quality working with an engineering team
- Participate & contribute in Product kick off sessions & Requirement workshops for Direction and course correction w.r.t. domain based solutions, technology feasibility, competence requirements, resources requirements
- Perform knowledge sharing and coaching, mentoring by
-Tech Talks & Presentation session on specific topics of expertise
-Technical writing and publishing - Articles, Blogs, References
- Participate & contribute in talent acquisition and recruitment activities as follows:
-Collaborate with hiring team to outline and execute strategy for recruiting technical folks
-Records, reviews and provides inputs on Skill requirements
-Takes up interview sessions for candidate positions including Engineers & Senior Professional.
- Provide guidance to teams on processes such as Agile, Lean, etc.
- Provide guidance to teams on development standards, automation and tools
- Establish coding standards for enterprise mobile application solutions. Follow design and development methodologies (e.g.: Agile, SCRUM) to drive feature velocity, quality and predictability.
All about You
- Software development, design & architecture experience in enterprise grade software solutions.
- Detailed experience at designing enterprise grade distributed and reactive systems that involve
1.Good understanding of Software Architecture and Design Principles, Patterns, Methodology, Domain Concepts (Architecture and Design Skills)
- Design Principles including SOLID, YAGNI, DRY and others.
- Design patterns MVC, MVP, MVVM
- Security Code Practices
- Knowledge of Kotlin.
2.Technology platform including
- Mobile platforms - Android, Mobile App Frameworks (Mobile App Design & Technology Skills)
3.Application Security including Information security principles & realization, Mobile app security, OWASP & PCI DSS Compliance (Security Design & Technology Skills)
- Experience designing solutions for large scale deployments including large enterprises or service providers, banking or payment solutions.
- Experience of working in payments application Domain.
- Experience of delivering frictionless user experience with support of Near-Field Communication (NFC), Bluetooth Lighting Emission (BLE).
- Hands on experience of working with tools like Android Studio, Jenkins, Bamboo, Confluence, JIRA, Rally, Sonar.
- Good understanding & experience with software development processes such as Scrum, SAFe, Extreme Programming and/or Lean etc.
- Experience working with multiple global customers, distributed teams
- Experience with mobile application development, and internet-related cloud technology development. Deep understanding of, a practical experience with, one of Android or iOS
- Considerable experience on device frameworks and device development is desirable.
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment with cross-functional teams and select third parties
- Formal training in systems analysis and computer programming
- A deep understanding of technical solution and software patterns (including architectural & design patterns) at various levels.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Back to top