Senior Software Development Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Software Development Engineer
· The SRE will closely partnering with developers to design, build, implement, and support technology services.
· A SRE will ensure operational criteria like system availability, capacity, performance, monitoring, self-healing, and deployment automation are implemented throughout the delivery process.
· The primary responsibility of a SRE involves operation, infrastructure and security designs adhering to MasterCard standards, processes and best practices.
· SRE is also responsible to evaluate applications resiliency patterns and ensure they are adequate.
· Requires a deep understanding of Software stack, architecture, networking, security and tools used to monitor, test and evaluate those technologies.
· Do you enjoy solving design problems?
· Collaborate with development teams to implement and configure devops (CI CD), Resiliency (War Games), monitoring like Splunk and DynaTrace across different application environments.
· Interface with development, project managers to provide/transform business and technical requirements into logical and physical architecture design with status updates of projects.
· Create solutions with high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, high quality and faster time to market.
· Contribute to the overall strategy and manage complex issues within functional area of expertise
All about you.
· Are you a born problem solver who loves to figure out how something works?
· Are you a detail oriented individual who enjoys complex problem solving?
· Do you love determining the correct actions required to fix a problem?
· Experience with building and integrating application software using Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
· Extensive experience with build and deploy processes - Continuous Integration/Delivery; utilizing Jenkins or Pivotal Cloud Foundry Platforms
· Advanced knowledge with Unix/Linux platform OS
· Advanced knowledge with JBOSS, Apache, WebSphere, Security
· Advanced at Systems Design and Architecture
· Candidate will be a senior technical resource and must possess the following technical qualifications:
· Advanced Splunk management and troubleshooting:
· ability to create Knowledge Objects administer users and roles generate pivots
· create advanced searches, reports, and visualizations build dashboards
o Create field extractions using regex
o Create and manage alerts
o Creating Splunk apps for consumer data for applications and implementing and configuring these apps
o Create and manage configuration files like inputs, props, transforms, and lookups
o Advanced DynaTrace management and troubleshooting:
o Troubleshoot root cause of application performance Create DynaTrace measures, dashboards, and charts
o Perform memory and thread diagnostics using monitoring tools
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Back to top