Senior Security Engineer - Cloud & AI
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Security Engineer - Cloud & AI
Brighterion, a Mastercard company, was founded in 2000 and acquired by Mastercard in 2017.We deliver a leading artificial intelligence and machine learning platform that provides real-time mission critical intelligence from any data source, regardless of type, complexity or volume. Our AI solution secures billions of transactions monthly and is used and trusted by many of the world's leading organizations and governments in payments, compliance, financial markets, security and defense, healthcare, Internet of Things, marketing and more. Currently we serve 74/100 of the largest U.S. banks and more than 2,000 customers worldwide, processing more than 100+ billion transactions annually.
• Provide technical design and architecture advice to internal teams on how to securely
develop and build applications and supporting systems.
• Define secure mechanisms for critical business functions in cloud environments.
• Work closely with developers and evaluate business requests and proposed designs to
determine feasibility; work with software development teams to define alternatives and
recommend optimal solutions to meet security and regulatory requirements in the design of
new enhanced systems.
• Leverage security experience and knowledge within the mobile and digital commerce arena
to cultivate and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal MasterCard
stakeholders, including business owners, end-users, customers, project managers, engineers,
and senior management.
• Define security requirements and guidelines to ensure repeatable processes are followed by
• Assist in the strategy, standards, and architecture for the security aspects of the SDLC
including application, mobile, web service, DevOps, cloud, and CICD efforts.
All About You
• Strong understanding of information security, risk and data privacy within the domain of
digital commerce including relevant practical experience.
• Demonstrate a broad awareness of security engineering concepts and practices across all
phases of the software development lifecycle.
• Experience providing security architecture advice for web based network environments and
secure communication, including mobile applications, web applications and web services.
• Knowledge and technical security experience in cryptography, including several of the
following encryption, hashing, key management, digital certificates, TLS
• Knowledge of virtualization platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) EC2, VMware
vCloud Director, VMware vSphere and Google AppEngine, OpenStack or Azure.
• Experience of continuous delivery / continuous integration processes and procedures
including critical security considerations in automated workflows.
• Technical experience with Java or similar enterprise programming language, especially
related to secure coding best practices.
• Experienced in mobile security architecture concepts, design and implementation for Android
• Demonstrated experience designing secure multi-domain Internet-facing applications.
• Demonstrate technical competency in security engineering based on hands-on experience or
• Working knowledge and technical security experience with UNIX, Linux, Solaris, or AIX.
• Demonstrate the ability to articulate and communicate effectively to diverse audiences and
properly translates security and risk management terminology into business terms, and
recommends alternative solutions to these stakeholders.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Back to top