Senior Managing Consultant - Real-Time Payments
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Managing Consultant - Real-Time Payments
•Mastercard Advisors is the services arm of Mastercard Worldwide and is a key component to Mastercard's differentiation, innovation and success. Mastercard Advisors supports Financial Institutions, Retail and Commerce, Acquirers, Processors and Governments around the world to solve complex business problems using unrivaled data, consulting and execution capabilities.
• The Advisors Real Time Payment Practice is responsible for creating incremental business for Advisors and differentiating Mastercard in the Financial Services, Retail/Commerce and Public Private Partnership verticals, leveraging Advisors' real time payment expertise, data as well as analytical tools in partnership with Vocalink and other complementary Mastercard departments
• The real time payment practice is developing offering to solve our clients business problems, leads business development and supports execution. Leveraging the existing business development and pipeline management discipline, the lead will work with in-market sales, delivery and product teams and vertical leads, to develop detailed go to market plans and cooperates with colleagues around the world in the sales and delivery of related work. In addition and most importantly, the Real Time Payment Practice will work closely with Vocalink sales, product and deployment teams.
• Work with Practice Lead and colleagues to significantly grow Advisors real time payment consulting business with offerings leveraging subject matter expertise, data and the breadth of our entire services.
• Support to achieve targets on key MA related metrics (e.g. solution sales / implementation support, speed to market, customer performance) to differentiate company
• Create scalable Advisors sales and delivery offerings targeting the most important enterprise real time payment business issues that can be addressed with Advisors/MA capabilities, spanning:
o Real time payment consulting around real time payment account to account payment infrastructure
o Strategy consulting around real time payment themes, including cross border payments, bill payment, open banking or psd2 as well as blockchain or deposit banking topics
o Real time payment consulting around specific Vocalink and Mastercard solutions, including infrastructure, technology, application and solutions covering deployment and management support
o Consulting around ecosystem account analytics and fraud or money laundering topics including Vocalink's financial crime solutions (e.g., money mule, corporate fraud insights)
• Work with Vocalink, Mastercard product team, Enterprise Security and other complementary businesses to drive incremental new sources of Advisors revenue and create additional competitive advantage for MA.
• Support to development the Advisors real time payments pipeline and win business and execute won engagements
• Represent Advisors with senior clients and at relevant top tier forums and conferences
• Travel as needed to drive consistent approach and execution across regions
All About You
• Experience in a management consulting role (manager or higher) preferably with a strategy consultancy but could be in an internal consultative role
• Industry expertise around real time payment, new technologies and related fields
• Leadership and conceptional-visioning skills, as well as sales and project management skills, including the ability to effectively manage project teams.
• Persuasive in all interactions with internal clients demonstrating high emotional intelligence by identifying the best ways to communicate and influence across levels
• Powerful presenter who is highly credible and persuasive, reads audiences well and reacts accordingly
• Graduate degree preferred, undergraduate degree from a leading university required
All About Us
MasterCard is a technology company in the global payments business. We connect consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses worldwide and enable them to use secure and convenient electronic forms of payment.
Join the industry's most passionate, motivated & engaged global team - Our employees are encouraged to drive innovation every day in support of a more connected world - A World Beyond Cash.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Meet Some of Mastercard's Employees
VP, Product Development & Innovation
Charlotte and the ACH Payments Team focus on the strategy, development, and commercialization of new products leveraging real-time payments technology. The team was formed in light of Mastercard’s entry into the real-time payments space and acquisition of the UK-based company Vocalink.
Back to top