Senior Engineer, Software Engineering
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Engineer, Software Engineering
Shared Components and Security Solutions practice at MasterCard is responsible for:
• Contributing to setting the technology direction for the enterprise
• Architecture, design and engineering leadership for creation and adoption of enterprise capabilities including hands on mentoring of engineering teams
• Hands on architecture, design and engineering for next generation architectures that enable the business growth
• Bringing consistency in delivery of scalable and resilient solutions through architecture patterns and frameworks
Consultant - Shared Components and Security Solutions is:
• Responsible for building next generation architecture for MasterCard in collaboration with other architects and engineers in the enterprise
• Accountable for aligning business solutions with enterprise frameworks and capabilities
• Expected to acquire and become subject matter expert in multiple cutting edge industry frameworks
• Expected to contribute extensively to architecture frameworks created by MasterCard to gain competitive advantage
File Transfer Service at Mastercard is a next generation service that enables Mastercard rapidly, reliably and at scale exchange files within Mastercard as well as with Mastercard customers.
We would like to meet you if you answered "Yes" for the majority of questions below:
• Have you created or contributed to the creation of architecture and software engineering frameworks?
• Are you passionate about exploring industry standard frameworks and critically evaluate their strengths and weaknesses?
• Have you mentored the lead developers on the finer aspects of architecture, software infrastructure and coding?
• Have you ever worked as an architect and engineered enterprise class systems for scalability and resiliency?
• Are you able to zoom in to the technical details and zoom out to enterprise level abstraction rapidly?
• Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
• Be a part of motivated, innovative and productive team that creates next generation architecture for MasterCard
• Work with technical members in finer details of architecture, engineering and application development
• Hands on involvement in complete lifecycle for framework architecture, engineering and development.
• End to end ownership of the product right from architecture to production deployment and support
• Execute with "You build it, you run it" mindset
• Contribute to architecture and framework innovation
• Adhere to highest quality standards
• Work with Mastercard business units to enable adoption of next generation services and learn from the interactions to guide future development of these services.
All About You
Software development/ architecture experience involving large scale distributed systems and event driven systems
Strong Server development and administration
Strong experience in Spring, NoSQL data stores
Continuous Integration/Deployment - Jenkins, Jenkins Pipelines; build tools such as Maven
Experience with deploying and scaling distributed systems on virtual/docker/kubernetes infrastructure as well as Cloud Foundry
Familiarity with installation/configuration automation and scripting (Chef, BOSH)
BE in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
Self-starter who can take ownership of technical issues and debug issues
Experience with Linux and Open Source Software like Apache Kafka, Hadoop
Familiarity with Performance Testing
Awareness in security implementations such as X.509 Certificates, SSH Keys, PGP encryption
Understanding of network protocols such as TCP, SSL, HTTPS and SFTP
Working knowledge of GIT, ALM (Rally)
Expertise in Web technologies especially AngularJS is a plus
Extreme customer focus and customer service is mandatory
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Meet Some of Mastercard's Employees
Manager, Product Development & Innovation
Breenae works in the Enterprise Architecture organization, supporting shared information services platforms that allow employees and external users to interact with important data in a secure way.
Back to top