Senior Database Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Database Engineer
Sr. Engineer, Database Engineering
Provide RDBMS support for MasterCard Applications with a focus on our Vocalink program. Guides and provides direction for MasterCard's use of best practices and application database solutions. Reviews new tools and products that assist in providing database support and services.
• Forward thinking infrastructure automation and scripting skills.
• Leads in managing customer and partner expectations and communicates proactively.
• Requires little supervision while identifying tasks associated with responsibilities
• Collaborates with other DBAs, participates in internal projects, and leads some initiatives.
• Provide DBA suggestions and input on direction for database domain strategy.
• Intermediate knowledge of Oracle replication (Golden Gate/DataGuard)
• Intermediate knowledge of Oracle Exadata administration
• Intermediate knowledge of Oracle internals
• Intermediate knowledge of Oracle middleware (OEM/ODI/OWB/APEX)
• Intermediate knowledge of Oracle physical database tuning
• Intermediate knowledge of SQL tuning background
• Intermediate knowledge of backup/recovery using RMAN
• Intermediate PL/SQL coding background
• Intermediate Understanding of logical and physical data models
• Intermediate implementation knowledge of partitioning
• Working knowledge of Oracle RAC, Cluster Resource software, and Oracle 12C features
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multitask and prioritize
• Be able to work with team members located in multiple geographies
• Cloud technology - bonus!
• Knowledge of other database technologies, such as PostgreSQL and NoSQL - bonus!
• Bachelor's Degree in Information systems or equivalent experience.
• Demonstrates an understanding of Data Architecture's role in supporting business processes.
• Demonstrates ability to participate in cross functional teams for estimating, application designs, and implementation strategies.
• Uses strong writing and verbal communication skills to build awareness and to proactively promote DBA's position in support of sound database structures, data governance and other Corporate strategies.
• Displays excellent collaborative skills with cross-functional teams.
• Provide positive customer service to internal business partners.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Back to top