Senior Analyst, Business Development
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Analyst, Business Development
• This position will work together with the local team to develop and implement acceptance related programs and initiatives to increase card acceptance in new market segments and verticals. On-board new Payment Facilitators.
- Plan and execute business plans which promote the value and profitability of MasterCard acceptance.
- Have overall responsibility for several strategic merchant partners in business segments like: established merchant categories, non-face-to-face merchant categories, small ticket segments, public sector or recurring payment.
- Lead business development activities in support of strategically opportunities to expand acceptance in under developed segments and/or cash only segments.
- Enable MC to deploy its full value proposition, establishing a robust 4-party model, implementing Value Added Services in the market.
- Perform analysis, competitive intelligence and identify broad business initiatives that provide an appreciable return on financial investments. Build strong business cases including financial analysis to generate positive impacts in card-holders attrition reduction, incremental card activation rates and new revenue streams for MasterCard through merchant/acquirer programs.
- Create opportunities by researching and identifying issues, then assuming responsibility for creating resolution strategy in support of merchant and acquirer relationships.
- Provide superior strategic account management (with strategic merchants and acquirers) by demonstrating market leadership and support.
- Ensure timely submission of regular reporting that details business development activities.
- Leverage the merchant relationships to growth co-brand card penetration and transaction volume, develop holistic value proposition, including VAS and Advisors, to generate incremental MasterCard revenue.
- Enable the sharing of best practices and market intelligence to build business strategies with acquirers to professionalize the merchant affiliation process and new industries expansion.
- Contribute to developing MasterCard good reputation as a thought leader and the preferred partner of strategic merchants.
- Integrate the acceptance component within MasterCard business processes to ensure consistency and progress across merchants and acquirers with emphasis on MasterCard rules and internal processes.
- Manage key relationships with other business units and/or external parties.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day management of the acceptance area, including business planning, budget management and staff management.
All About You
• Extensive knowledge of cards industry, acquiring activities, merchant relationships & depth knowledge of MasterCard products, services and offerings
• Proven experience in complex sales and negotiation of commercial business alliances.
• Advanced analytical, leadership, relationship management and interpersonal skills required.
• Ability to perform financial analysis in support of submitted business cases & Able to manage several projects at the same time
• Ability to work cross functionally at MasterCard to develop merchant MasterCard usage programs
• 100% English oral and written communication skills.
• Consulting, consumer products, consumer finance or marketing background
• Problem-solving, research and analytical skills
• Demonstrated IT literacy to work with tools, databases and applications
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in Spanish and English
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering or similar
• Dynamic, energetic, team performer
• Self-driven, able to work in small office environment
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
See Inside the Office of Mastercard
Mastercard operates one of the world’s fastest payment processing networks, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments, and businesses in hundreds of countries around the world. The company’s products and solutions aim to make everyday activities such as shopping, traveling, running a business, and managing finances easy, secure, and efficient for everyone.
Back to top