Senior Accountant - AR
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Accountant - AR
Senior Accountant will provide excellent accounting services as part of the Global Business Services Center (GBSC). The candidate will be responsible for driving process improvement in the areas of AR, Settlement, Collections and Collateral administration. The candidate will also be responsible for delivering timely and accurate accounting services, including the financial month-end close process.
• Drive process improvement in the AR, Settlement, Collections and Collateral administration processes, which includes improving upstream processes
• Recommend, develop and implement process improvements to improve accounting operational efficiency, quality of output and optimize synergies
• Perform detailed account analyses; investigate and resolve complex issues
• Accomplish timely, accurate close of the general ledger in accordance with U.S. GAAP including preparation and review of general ledger journal entries
• Analyze results of monthly trends, year-over-year and actual to budget/forecast to discuss finance business partners for completeness
• Prepare and review various balance sheet account reconciliations
• Provide overall support and customer service to business partners
• Monitor performance indicators to track progress against goals
• Perform various ad-hoc reporting, analysis or projects, as needed
All About You:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
• CPA, preferred
• Progressive accounting experience preferably in a large, global environment
• Prior experience managing Accounts Receivable accounting activity
• Well-developed knowledge of U.S. GAAP and current accounting concepts
• Capable of working within a changing environment with excellent analytical, planning and organization skills
• Ability to deliver accurate results in a fast-paced environment with attention to deadline constraints
• Robust understanding of financial/ERP systems, preferably direct experience with Oracle
• Customer service oriented with the ability to communicate effectively and develop solid working relationships across multiple levels and organization boundaries
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Back to top