Principal Software Development Engineer
- Arlington, VA
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Principal Software Development Engineer
Mastercard's Commercial Solutions team is a rapidly growing organization with responsibilities to deliver innovative solutions to help our customers grow and expand their business. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this dynamic team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. We are seeking a Principal Software Development Engineer to drive multiple critical programs within the Commercial Solutions organization. This will be one of the most senior Software Development Engineer in the group and responsible for making and overseeing decisions related to architecture, design and development.
• Establish design, architecture and coding standards for Web and Mobile applications end-to-end with a focus on the front-end components.
• Design, architect and guide the team to build performant, scalable and secure web applications and robust white-labeled mobile applications while driving the APIs needs for the applications.
• Investigate, evaluate and bring in new technologies that lead to building of modern progressive, responsive web application
• Leverage best in breed technologies and establish best practices to lead the building of highly scalable and robust mobile apps (iOS and Android)
• Bring in a strong UX and UI perspective that helps the team design, develop and deliver best-in-class applications.
• Work with Product Management and Engineering to translate product use cases and requirements to industry-leading design, architecture and implementations. Develop initial Proof of Concepts and get hand-on with the team as needed during the regular development process.
• Work collaboratively with other leaders to ensure alignment of front-end needs with backend design and develop consolidated end-to-end architecture and design leading to successful build, release and maintenance of applications
• Execute and own the baseline architecture and design activities collaborating with Engineering teams and other Principal Engineers. Enforce consistent development patterns and security architecture
• Own the architecture and design of software solutions including
- Technical solution, application architecture and design
- Development, review & ownership of architecture & design artifacts (SAD, API Specification, etc.)
• Actively find ways (new technologies, tools, frameworks) to improve software solutions
• Maintain application integrity and achieve operational excellence through fully automated using CI/CD pipelines
• Represent the software development team in management discussions and regularly communicate with management about risk analysis and design trade-offs
All About You
• Deep Software Engineering experience (8+ years) with demonstrated thought-leadership on developing web and mobile applications end-to-end
• Proven ability to design, architect and develop highly scalable applications/platforms
• Prior experience with front-end development using Angular and UI engineering principles
• Prior experience with mobile application development
• SDK & API knowledge - security, scalability, micro-services, gateways, cloud, REST, SOAP, OAuth, FIDO, OIDC
• Advanced knowledge of the modern front-end development using (HTML5, CSS3, JS, Angular, React, TypeScript, NodeJS, etc. and networking technologies (TCP/IP, HTTP(S), DNS, SMTP, F5, etc.)
• Advanced knowledge of Java, Spring, JEE, RESTful APIs
• Mobile App technologies - native iOS and/or Android development, cross-platform, wrappers
• Solid understanding of web application security across multiple channels (Web, Mobile, Physical) using modern security patterns and best practices.
• Advanced knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle and experience with SAFe or Agile software development methodologies
• Driven to keep things moving forward both technically and architecturally by building holistic solutions for the platform, considering the current state and future technology needs.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done
• Ability to influence and partner with teams inside and outside of the engineering organization
• Excellent communication / presentation skills
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Back to top