Platform Developer – NuData Security
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Platform Developer - NuData Security
Mastercard's Enterprise Security Solutions organization develops and delivers world-class security products and services for customers across the globe. NuData Security predicts fraudulent transactions by identifying good users from bad, based on their online behavior. By analyzing over 38 billion behaviors annually, NuData harnesses the power of behavioral and biometric analysis to empower its clients to predict fraud and verify the user behind the device. This allows clients to predict fraud before a critical decision, reduce customer insult, and investigate bad actors efficiently.
We are looking for a talented and passionate Platform Developer to join our Site Reliability Engineering team in our Vancouver office.
- Are you happiest when you're taking all the pieces and making them work together without a hitch with rock-solid code?
- Would you like to build across the full-range of functionality of our global infrastructure as well get opportunities to do technical design and architecture?
- Do you want to help some of the biggest technology companies with their security challenges and stopping hackers in their tracks?
About the Role
You will be a key member of our growing Site Reliability Engineering team which is responsible for increasing service stability, adding application insights, enhancing deployment processes, and improving our products.
- Implement solutions that solve complicated challenges around performance, scaling, and security while instrumenting services to provide high quality insight into emerging issues.
- Design and develop applications, system to system interfaces and complete software solutions, perform vendor-related activities, and create documentation such as user guides and software development guides.
- Refine and enhance the development process used within our teams to drive improvements to development efficiency.
- As a developer, you will manage your own time when accomplishing project goals and are encouraged to grow your skills with continual learning, workshops, conferences and talks. Leadership is technical, meetings are short.
- As an operator, you will manage colonies of servers across multiple environments and regions, deploying updates, migrating databases, and architecting self-healing infinitely scaling services.
All About You
A qualified candidate will be required to show proficiency in the following key areas:
- Demonstrated software development experience in a professional development setting;
- Demonstrated experience in managing servers, networks, and infrastructure;
- Broad knowledge of many of the following: Linux, networking, servers, virtualization, security, availability, resiliency, redundancy, alerting, and monitoring;
- PHP experience, or experience with at least one object-oriented language such as Java, C#, C++, Python,or Scala with some prior experience with PHP;
- Knowledge of testing frameworks and source control systems;
- Experience working with cloud-based server environments;
- Experience designing, developing, and implementing scalable and resilient restful API services;
- Experience with building and managing software packages and server images;
- Familiarity with configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or SaltStack;
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code tools such as CloudFormation or Terraform;
- Familiarity with devops tools such as Packer, Vagrant, Vault, and Consul;
- Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Graphite, Influx, Statsd, Kibana, Logstash, Nagios, and Sensu;
- Familiarity with databases, such as Redis, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, MySQL, or Postgres;
- Familiarity with building scalable distributed data processing and visualization tools;
- Strong problem solving, algorithm design, and complexity analysis skills;
- Exceptional communication, both written and spoken;
- Bachelors of Computer Science, equivalent degree or equivalent work experience.
Helpful to have:
- Experience writing documentation and creating diagrams;
- Experience with AWS services such as EC2, S3, RDS, Kinesis, SQS, SNS, etc. or other cloud providers;
- An interest in fraud detection and security.
What we offer in return includes a beautiful view of the North Shore mountains, coffee that doesn't suck, and colleagues that are as brilliant as they are likeable. We do cool things as a team, like summer kayaking, game nights, and monthly craft beer tastings. Don't forget the competitive salary, extended health benefits, flex-time schedules, and encouragement and support for professional development. We love it here, and we think you will too.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Mastercard's Employees
Manager, Product Development & Innovation
Breenae works in the Enterprise Architecture organization, supporting shared information services platforms that allow employees and external users to interact with important data in a secure way.
Back to top