Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Looking for a Performance Engineer with experience and willingness to take ownership for platform performance from the inception to delivery.
The chosen candidate for this position will be an experience Systems Performance Engineer and comfortable with Java, AIX and scripting. Familiarity with IIB would be preferred.
The ideal candidate will be to provide guidance/consultation/testing with respect to engineering software for performance to product delivery teams and aligning infrastructure configurations for best overall performance. They will provide guidance and testing services to architects, developers, operations personnel, network personnel, etc. with respect to helping teams design and develop high performing applications that operate with a predictable platform design with respect to capacity. This position will execute and analysis testing at a project and release level. They will share technical acumen with both DEV, operations and testing resources while they measure, test, and design, inspect, and be ultimately help drive delivery of high performing/high scalable solutions at MasterCard using an agile methodology. This candidate will conduct both manual and automated performance testing, manage performance defects, and troubleshoot performance issues covering platform hardware analysis, scalability, and application profiling. They will partner with operations teams and bridge the gap between understanding of software and infrastructure when it comes to knowledge around performance. The candidate will continue to find better and more efficient ways to help MasterCard assure quality and scale its platforms while meeting customer needs. They will continue to drive the Performance Engineering practice.
Specific Responsibilities/Required Skills:
1. Production Performance Testing, Analysis and Tuning of products/platforms.
2. Create Performance Test Plans for MasterCard products.
3. Perform release and software patch performance testing of Product Suites
4. Provide consultation/implementation instructions for tuning software for best performance
5. Analyze database related performance issues.
6. Work with both onshore and offshore talent to complete performance related tasks.
7. Adhere to and enforce consistent company and department testing standards and procedures.
8. Provide weekly status information regarding progress and provide presentations to stakeholders.
Must have good communication skills.
9. Work across many problem domains to help with performance related issues as assigned.
10. Tune, priorities, message queuing, TCP/IP services, MQ Series clustering/optimization, etc. and having an understanding of tuning Linux/Aix servers for the best performance.
11. Experience with JEE/Java distributed platforms is a plus
12. Perform Capacity planning for platforms.
13. Fluency shell scripting is mandatory.
14. BS or MS in Computer Science.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Mastercard's Employees
VP, Product Development & Innovation
Charlotte and the ACH Payments Team focus on the strategy, development, and commercialization of new products leveraging real-time payments technology. The team was formed in light of Mastercard’s entry into the real-time payments space and acquisition of the UK-based company Vocalink.
Back to top