Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Be part of the Cyber & Intelligence solutions team developing new capabilities for MasterCard's Decision Management Platform, which serves as the core for multiple business solutions to combat fraud and validate cardholder identity. Our patented platform processes billions of transactions per month in tens of milliseconds using a multi-tiered, message-oriented approach for high performance and availability.
The Performance Architect will be responsible for performance and availability engineering for this platform, additionally web applications and web services for managing fraud solutions round out critical platform capabilities. This architect will partner with other architects and the performance team as part of assessing platform needs, testing, troubleshooting, identifying risk and making recommendations. A successful candidate will ensure potential performance and availability challenges are proactively identified, recommendations implemented and that capacity and availability exceed requirements all as part of ensuring the platform achieves business results.
• Ensure that platform capacity and availability exceed requirements.
• Review of function and technical specifications for potential performance issues.
• Review of program code to identify potential performance issues.
• Reviewing production incidents and patterns and determining root cause or plan of action to
remediate any issues.
• Work with the performance team to review system use cases and functional specifications
with the appropriate business analyst.
• Ensure all levels of testing are conducted with adequate coverage. Identify potential
problems, omissions and open issues, attend walkthroughs and signoff meetings.
• Identify quality risks, escalate issues in a timely manner and manage defects to closure.
• Produce documentation based on performance issue and fixes.
• Create and maintain a capacity and demand model for the platform as well as identify new
infrastructure needed to keep capacity above demand.
• Partner with other architects, performance teams and infrastructure teams.
• Provide technical thought leadership.
All About You
• Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field.
• Experience with large, complex, scalable, highly performant transaction processing systems.
• Experience working closely with other architects and engineers and providing technical
thought leadership across an organization.
• A wide breadth and depth of technical experience including Java, Linux, Oracle.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate to an
audience at all levels within an organization.
• Self-motivated with the ability to accomplish tasks with minimal direction.
• Ability to multi task and meet deadlines.
• Application architecture
• High performance and highly scalable transaction processing systems
• Java development
• Java web applications
• Java web services
• Oracle database (SQL proficiency)
• Linux OS
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
See Inside the Office of Mastercard
Mastercard operates one of the world’s fastest payment processing networks, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments, and businesses in hundreds of countries around the world. The company’s products and solutions aim to make everyday activities such as shopping, traveling, running a business, and managing finances easy, secure, and efficient for everyone.
Back to top