Manager, Software Engineering
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Manager, Software Engineering
Here is an exciting opportunity for you to engineer integration of switching services and value added services using technology and expertise. Join our global engineering group in enhancing and building massively scalable, highly available solutions architected for highest security and low latency.
You will lead the design, development, and deployment of applications and business systems in support of integration of switching services and value added services. Provide leadership through strong organizational and technology management skills. Work with partners, vendors, and peers to develop and coordinate architecture, roadmap, budget, and execution. As an inspirational leader, you will ignite technology transformation focused on delivering new and innovative solutions to support the broader goals of the business.
How You Will Fulfill Your Potential
• Domain expertise: Developing a deep understanding of how payments network and transaction switching environments operate.
• Technology leadership: Providing technical leadership for solving complex problems and guiding engineering staff.
• Solutions execution & delivery: Owning the organization development & delivery of concurrent initiatives. Overseeing the implementation of new customer connectivity that feeds into the transaction switching environment.
• Oversee the development, configuration and implementation of enhancements to existing platforms and/or building new platforms supporting integration of switching services and value added services. Engage and ensure that the project definition is aligned to the target state architecture and meets the desired business outcome.
• Lead the overall systems development life cycle from understanding business/technical requirements including architecture, drive engineering design, configuration, code delivery, testing and deployment of platforms for integration of switching services and value added services.
• Own senior management level communication and interaction for delivery and support including consulting, understanding and translating business needs into achievable, sustainable and innovative technical solutions and capability roadmap.
• In partnership with the enterprise architecture, continually assess and evaluate the impact of emerging technologies against the strategic business needs.
• Coordinate implementation of system enhancements & upgrades to assure optimal system performance, security and reliability.
• Serves as the key technical interface between IT and all business functions to determine current and future technology needs for Services Integration.
• Implement and maintain platform roadmap for integration of switching services and value added services, including capacity planning and modeling to support short and longer term growth requirements.
• Lead efforts to ensure the workplace environment supports a highly motivated and effective workforce focused on continuous improvement and best practices.
• Provide strong leadership to the various team members through mentoring, career development, interpersonal skills, teamwork ethic, and enabling leadership skills.
• Identify, coach and groom top talent and pro-actively develops employees as organizational resources
• Lead multiple employees to perform at their best and manage costs to be most optimal with a balance of vendor and employee blend.
• Actively engage in vendor management activities, including vendor selection, contract content negotiation and ongoing vendor relationship management.
• Engineering experience in a high volume, low latency Enterprise Service Bus systems.
• Experienced in building platforms with micro service architecture and APIs using cloud-native (platform agnostic) approaches along with virtualization like Kubernetes, Docker etc.
• Experienced in event streaming (ex: Kafka), MQ and other messaging technologies.
• Experience with scaled agile software development methodologies.
• Delivered scalable products that were deployed on-prem and cloud infrastructure. Automate Everything (CI/CD): Ensure quality across the full stack of your products and platform via rigorous automated software build, testing (unit, functional, integration), using continuous integration and automated deployment & automated monitoring practices.
• Experience building highly skilled technology teams and working with vendors.
• Bachelors in Computer Science (Master Degree, preferred)
• Multi-tasker capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• Takes on ownership and accountability, pride in the products you build.
• Has great intuition for execution and seeing problems ahead of time.
• Move with urgency, action oriented.
• Spends time developing his people.
• Empowers technologists to make decisions.
• Demands MORE of herself / himself and everyone else.
• Believes in continuous improvement and holds a very high bar.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Mastercard's Employees
VP, Product Development & Innovation
Charlotte and the ACH Payments Team focus on the strategy, development, and commercialization of new products leveraging real-time payments technology. The team was formed in light of Mastercard’s entry into the real-time payments space and acquisition of the UK-based company Vocalink.
Back to top