Manager, Product Development & Innovation, Bill Pay
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Manager, Product Development & Innovation, Bill Pay
As Mastercard seeks to define a world beyond cash, we are pursuing payment opportunities leveraging non-card technologies. Mastercard's acquisition of Vocalink adds Real-Time Payments (RTP) to our solution set, allowing us to capture new segments of cash, check and ACH payments for the network. The current consumer bill pay experience is cumbersome, costly, slow and fragmented. By combining our RTP experience within Vocalink with our existing biller network, RPPS, we can bring a solution to market that improves this outdated ecosystem for all parties involved. To win in the market, we will also leverage our strengths in brand, standards, consistency, trust and security.
To accomplish this, we must build a world-class bill pay product. We will engage key external partners in our new biller network, including the largest US banks and bill service providers. This product leader will work closely with the Global Product platform owners, Operations & Technology and other key partners to ensure the product is built to our customer and business requirements. We will also align with our counterparts in the regions (Sales and Account teams) to ensure the voice of the customer is being heard.
• Define product capabilities | requirements and translates those requirements to Technology and Delivery teams. Tracks progress and makes product design decisions in partnership with Operations and Technology (O&T) and platform teams. Provide direction and input to Standards, Franchise, Legal and other key partners.
• Participate in partner co-development discussions and projects (e.g., with banks and billing service providers).
• Support the development and management of product capabilities for the Bill Pay product, managing the product lifecycle including product design, creation of business and functional requirements, documentation, training, project management, and on-going product development
• Consult as a Product Knowledge Leader for Bill Pay to be enabled with banks, billers, and distributors
• Own key features of the Bill Pay product roadmap and strategy, partnering with the Zapp platform and O&T teams to deliver the best overall proposition
• Interface with technical platform owners to help translate product requirements ensuring mutual understanding and minimizing time to market
• Monitor and review with the relevant teams' Service Level Agreements (SLA) to ensure compliance.
• Escalate critical operational issues to Real Time Payments management teams and discuss resolutions to ensure operational stability with the concerned delivery teams
• Ensure that delivery teams are held accountable for the operating objectives and standards of performance
• Measure operations and delivery teams against the operating objectives and performance standards
• Develop industry expertise and knowledge of competitors across the value chain of electronic bill presentment and payments, as well as online banking
ALL ABOUT YOU:
• Payments industry and business knowledge a plus
• Relevant experience in product management or new product development in payment industry
• Excellent managerial and interpersonal skills
• Strong project management skills
• Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across functional teams
• Able to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others. Draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behavior change
• Effective, versatile and action oriented
• Consistently display positive, professional and approachable behaviors
• Excellent business acumen and commercial awareness - able to identify and work towards meeting wider organizational goals
• Bachelor's degree
• Based in Purchase or NYC
• Note: travel required (10-20%)
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Meet Some of Mastercard's Employees
Charlotte N.VP, Product Development & Innovation
Charlotte and the ACH Payments Team focus on the strategy, development, and commercialization of new products leveraging real-time payments technology. The team was formed in light of Mastercard’s entry into the real-time payments space and acquisition of the UK-based company Vocalink.
Back to top