Manager - Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Manager - Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
Finance Leader, Regional Finance (Planning)
• The FP&A function manages all aspects of management reporting encompassing budgeting and forecasting, strategic and customer planning for the Asia Pacific region. This includes the management and execution of the corporate reporting and planning requirements.
• This position is responsible for supporting the Director and Vice President across a broad spectrum of strategic processes and initiatives while managing and executing the corporate reporting and planning requirements
• Are you attracted to working in a dynamic team with exposure to diverse geographies and business functions?
• Do you have a detail-orientated work style?
• Support the development of the strategic, product and business plans and work to develop the annual plan and budget process. Also be responsible for incorporating accurate data upload into Hyperion Strategic Planning Automation System (SPA) as well as for the compilation, timely completion and submission of the Preliminary Budget Review Template and CEO Review Template to IMK.
• Support and align annual objectives set for region and track, report on Regional President's objectives for timely completion and submission to IMK.
• Facilitates Quarterly Member Reporting (QMR). Prepares and provides analysis for quarterly earnings call; tracks and reports of competitive environment and market share intelligence. Works closely with Competitive Intelligence for Annual Market Sizing Exercise and Share Update.
• Works closely with Divisional Finance, Global Key Accounts and Regional Expert sales in setting Annual Sales Incentive Plan (SIP) metrics /quotas / plans to ensure overall alignment with regional objectives and tracks performance for SIP participants via Customer Account Planning Performance (CAPP).
• Provides Quarterly Product/Customers Insights and review with IMK and GP&S.
• Prepares financial presentations for AP Management Meetings and any other ad-hoc Business Reviews for the Regional President.
• Develops and/or continues improve in-region and corporate financial analysis and reporting and support any ad-hoc analysis and reporting.
•Closely work and align with Products and corresponding finance teams on the market share and market sizing for all key markets across APAC and support the Director in providing insights in that area.
•Support budgeting and strategic planning sessions by developing engagement and reporting processes between RHQ, Divisions, International Markets and various functional groups.
•Prepare management reporting package for Regional Management and International Markets
•Collaborate with Regional Business Development Finance team to include the analysis of underpinning assumptions in the management reporting process.
•Provide leadership and guidance to Divisional Finance on use of Hyperion in the respective areas of expertise
• Apply good strategic understanding of multi-dimensional business dynamics of the regional markets and competitive forces at play in driving creative responses and formulating mitigating strategies.
• Support continuous reviews of existing processes to assess operational efficiency and development and implementation of process improvements to ensure that processes meet the present and anticipated needs of internal customers, members, and other stakeholders
• Specialized knowledge in management reporting - Chartered Accountant or CPA.
• Analytical and strategic. Have key insights across market opportunities.
• Broad based commercial awareness to manage risk versus return trade-offs.
• In-depth understanding of all the commercial drivers impacting MasterCard's business in the division (current and emerging product lines, services and programs)
Communication & Impact & Influence
• Influences and negotiates with the respective Divisional Finance teams who may have divergent objectives in relation to their respective business P&L. This involves challenging their assumptions to direct and shape their submissions
• Ensures that Finance is closely integrated with, and positively supports the business providing managers at all levels with the necessary information to make good business decisions; works with the management team in the development and implementation of short and medium term strategic and tactical plans and provide the financial input required to that process.
All About You
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or MBA (CA/CPA/MBA Finance), finance or analysis with advanced knowledge and experience with all phases of financial planning and management… 6-8 years of experience
• Good knowledge of Business Intelligence tools (eg. Salesforce.com) and experience with financial systems/applications (e.g. Hyperion and Oracle)
• Strong analytical and proven problem solving skills
• Self-motivated with a proven track record of delivering success while operating in a team environment.
• Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency and accuracy
• Ability to manage multiple activities of different nature in a condensed timeframe
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
•Broad understanding of all the different areas of finance
•Good understanding of reporting, forecasting and budgeting techniques.
•Strong strategic thinking and business understanding.
•Strong relationship management and networking skills.
Key Success Factors of the Role Holder:
• High intellect with good commercial acumen and a creative approach to problem solving.
• Good influencing skills, she/he must be able to communicate and present to the management team, she/he must also be persuasive with a considerate but firm touch.
• Assertive, adaptable and resilient team leader able to work with different personalities.
• Good work ethics, hands-on, meticulous, but also be able to step back and see the bigger strategic picture.
• Ambitious, highly driven and motivated.
• An agent of change.
• Maturity to challenge ideas and balance opportunities and threats.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Meet Some of Mastercard's Employees
Manager, Product Development & Innovation
Breenae works in the Enterprise Architecture organization, supporting shared information services platforms that allow employees and external users to interact with important data in a secure way.
Back to top