- Shanghai, China
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
This position is for China controllership based in Shanghai specifically focused on managing the financial accounting key responsibilities and ensuring compliance with finance related regulatory requirements.
The position requires a qualified accountant who is hands-on, detailed and highly motivated with the ability to integrate accounting principles with organizational practices and processes. Someone knowledgeable with internal control
Month end close
-Balance Sheet reviews
-Review of balance sheet reconciliations
-Review of significant journals, entering journals when needed
-Co-ordination with Global Finance on reporting package/ analysis
- Cash flow forecast
Compliance with finance regulatory
- Co-ordinate with service provider and regional tax teams on various indirect tax filings & corporate tax
- Review various tax filings
-Support tax team on tax audits
Liaison with external auditors, internal auditors and SOX team
-Expanded work scope and audit plans
-Audit committee approval
-Review of financial statements of branches & subsidiaries
-Audit documentation with treasury
-Work with internal audit on audit testing
-Design, update and document desktop procedures and process flow maps incorporating control points.
-Co-ordinate SOX testing
- Ad-hoc projects such as dividend/capital repatriation, rationalization of legal entity, etc
Required Experience, Knowledge and Competencies:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent and at least 6 years relevant work experience. CPA/ CA preferred.
• Prior experience in Audit, with a Big Four firm
• Requires intermediate to advance skills in MS Excel. MS Access skills preferred. Excellent overall spreadsheet skills and comfortable working with various financial applications.
• Experience in Oracle financial systems & ADI and Hyperion preferred.
• Independent worker & thinker with the ability to follow up on time sensitive issues
• Proven communication skills with all levels of staff and management across different geographies and cultures.
• High degree of accuracy and ability to manage sensitive information.
• Able to participate in conference calls after office hours with global finance team members.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Back to top