Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
We are a St louis based business operations team supporting high value, traditional and cloud native applications. We are looking for a brilliant and passionate Release Manager to join our team who is highly motivated, experienced visionary leader and contributor in release engineering and automation.
· As a release manager, this person will need to interface and communicate with Quality Assurance/User Acceptance Test managers, Development managers, Operations, Project Mangers, Business and technical leads on daily basis
· As a release manager, this person must be confident enough to manage up and provide metrics based reporting as well as meeting updates to Sr.management, stake holders and partners.
· Should own the release management life cycle which includes scheduling, coordinating, controlling and delivering quality software through CI/CD pipeline while managing application releases across Mastercard Commercial applications and Product portfolios.
· Should work with technology managers to improve software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying and updating software and environments.
· Should play a key role in driving cloud adoption, process automation and software delivery automation by building and managing through DevOps CI/CD pipeline that delivers significant business value and enables to become more efficient in delivery quality and stability to production.,
· Manage and drive end-to-end process design, improvements, automation and management of the release engineering practice,
· Provide analysis to inform and educate tactical and strategic need for new telemetry
· Develop highly functional teams through coaching, inspiring, goal setting, and a commitment to employee growth and development
· Be an active advisor of best practices in release engineering too stakeholders and partners
· Partner with Mastercard DevOps team to define software release process, and develop best practices and tools that allow Mastercard Commercial product development teams to control and run their own release processes
· Engineer & manage the CI/CD pipeline tool chains needed by Mastercard Commercial team
· Operationalize automation that optimizes and mechanizes the application release process, including the development of infrastructure CD automation
· Operationalize Infrastructure-As-Code and Configuration-As-Code automation artifacts, collaborating with component technology SMEs to integrate automation modules
· Build & operate automation infrastructure, and helper mechanisms for developers to leverage test harnesses
· Design and implement processes or systems to increase product quality through automation
· Investigate and triage customer reported issues and determine ways to automate the failure cases
All about you:
Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and ability to function under pressure in an independent environment.
· 5+ years of relevant experience with DevOps in a Linux environment, preferably large compute clusters.
· 5+ years of experience in engineering management
· Proven track record of delivering mission-critical systems
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in an extremely fast-paced, collaborative environment
· Forward Plan the release windows and cycles across a portfolio
· Manage risks and resolves issues
· Measure and monitor progress to ensure tech stack releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
· Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
· Manage and continuously enhance the CI/CD pipeline and process to increase automation and adoption.
· Enforce continuous integration / continuous delivery and cloud adoption. Focus on decreasing costs with automation and analytics.
· Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
· Own the process and conduct Release Readiness reviews for lower and upper environments
· Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans
· Release Reporting per Release Schedule
· Communicate release details and schedules to the stakeholders as required
· Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
· Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
· Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
· Develop scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
· Researches new configuration management methodologies and technologies
· Provides separation of duties between developers and production systems.
• Experience with Rally / ALM
• Experience with SAFe methodology and Release Management practices
• Project Management which includes facilitation, coordination, and communication
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Back to top