Lead Systems Analyst
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Lead Systems Analyst
The Mastercard Fraud Scoring and Analytics team in Dublin have an exciting opportunity to hire a high-calibre Consultant Systems Analyst to work on Mastercard's Decision Management Platform. This platform processes billions of transactions per month in tens of milliseconds. Its purpose is to authenticate users and combat fraud.
• Would you like to work on a team that is building industry leading solutions for fighting fraud?
• Do you want to learn cutting edge technologies and help solve complex business problems?
• Do you have creative problem-solving techniques?
• Are you motivated to be a part of an organisation that is driving a world beyond cash?
We would like to hear from you!
This role involves partnering with Product Owners and Technology teams to understand new business opportunities and bring functional requirements to life. The candidate will work closely with Agile Development teams to support them in completing design and implementation.
The role involves:
• Working with Product Owners and Architects/Tech Leads to solution new features and tune requirements requirements for innovative capabilities on the Mastercard Fraud Decision Management Platform.
• Partnering closely with Development teams to whiteboard designs.
• Analysing and understanding current state processes to ensure that the context and
implications of change are understood by the Development team.
• Translating shell stories into detailed outlines for Development.
• Ability to manage stakeholder expectations through data-driven conversations.
• Performing technical analysis of platform hardware and software to ensure that business
and functional requirements can be met.
• Produce systems design documentation in accordance with Mastercard documentation
standards. Lead reviews of technical requirements.
• Document and coordinate audit controls and compliance requirements.
• Provide technical support to Product Owners and other Business stakeholders during implementation of new products/services.
• Provide subject matter expertise for our services.
• Working as part of a co-located, high-performing Agile Scrum team.
• Very strong technical aptitude and ability to quickly gain technical understanding of the Decision
• Ability to understand and convert complex flows into easy to understand diagrams.
• Knowledge of Java back-end development and working with Java frameworks such as
Spring, JMS and JMX an advantage. Knowledge of application servers such as JBoss, Tomcat an advantage.
• Experience working with distributed systems and messaging queuing systems.
• Knowledge of the payments industry preferred.
• Passionate about Agile software development and experiencing working with SAFe or
• Knowledge of Business Rules Management Systems.
• High-energy, detail-oriented and proactive with the ability to function under pressure.
• High degree of initiative and self-motivation with a willingness and ability to learn and take on
• Strong negotiation skills and the ability to build consensus from stakeholders.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and strong collaboration skills.
• Ability to distill complex concepts and requirements into an easy to understand request.
• Show initiative and demonstrate a willingness to take on challenging opportunities.
• Fluency in English.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
See Inside the Office of Mastercard
Mastercard operates one of the world’s fastest payment processing networks, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments, and businesses in hundreds of countries around the world. The company’s products and solutions aim to make everyday activities such as shopping, traveling, running a business, and managing finances easy, secure, and efficient for everyone.
Back to top