Lead Software Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Lead Software Engineer
• Key role to provide guidance from cloud solutions perspective to customers, pre-sales
engineers, prospects, and partners to ensure they are successful DNA cloud services
• When solution gaps are identified, the engineer will work with DNA engineering and technical
leaders to come up with work-around solutions and capture the gap in the respective product
• Must maintain in-depth technical knowledge of all the DNA and Public Cloud cloud services
• Continue learn new technologies and offerings from vendors and solution partners.
• Work very closely with the CTO's, Enterprise Architecrure, and product management to bring
the customer perspective to the services
• Provide a key voice in influencing the product direction with gaps identified by prospects,
customers, and partners
• Technical guidance and rallying internal support for customer success from pre-sales to
• Completely understand the customer (prospect/customer/partners) use cases and
• Ensure the application teams and customers understand the capabilities and are aware of
potential gaps in the offerings meeting their requirements
• Evangelize the technology solution and provide guidance and handholding for cloud service
• Propose and occasionally develop solutions to address gaps identified
• Work closely with the cloud DNA team and Enterprise Architecture to validate the gaps and
explore potential short-term and long-term solutions
All About You
• DRIVEN, HIGH MOTIVATION FOR ACCOMPLISHMENTS
• Experience as a cloud /virtualization/data center services Engineer or equivalent
• Experience architecting and or implementing cloud or virtualization based enterprise
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge of enterprise infrastructure including OS,
Cloud/Virtualization, Networking, Security, and Systems Management
• Experience in developing client requirements and architectural designs
• Experience in developing solutions architecture for infrastructure and platform as a service
• Experience in developing client strategy and planning to create pre-sales action plans for
proof of concepts
• At least a working knowledge of the concepts of one of the following: VMWare ESX/vCloud,
Amazon AWS, CloudStack, OpenStack, Azure, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, Pivotal Cloud
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Mastercard's Employees
VP, Product Development & Innovation
Charlotte and the ACH Payments Team focus on the strategy, development, and commercialization of new products leveraging real-time payments technology. The team was formed in light of Mastercard’s entry into the real-time payments space and acquisition of the UK-based company Vocalink.
Back to top