Lead Software Development Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Lead Software Development Engineer
Our Payment Gateway Services division offers industry leading, global payment processing services and advanced fraud management solutions - for merchants, industry, partners and acquiring banks. We provide simplified payment processing through omni bank channels and flexible merchant integration. Our global and localised solutions support a wide range of payments methods: electronic wallets, online bank transfers and domestic bank cards. We do all this at speed while providing maximum data security through full PCI DSS compliance and sophisticated fraud prevention technology.
We are looking for talented architects with experience in designing Java software for distributed, highly available systems, where system performance is critical.
The Solution Architect will be responsible for creating technical solutions and leading initiatives for our business. You will provide technical leadership and expertise to bring together all of our technology assets to create new and innovative products to build our capabilities and our products. These could be new capabilities for our gateway product. The scope for the Architect will be broad, and may include infrastructure, software architecture and security domain engineering as well designing high-level end-to-end solutions. You will partner with other architects, developers, and analysts, as well as other teams across Mastercard to create new capabilities
Key themes: Visible Leadership, Technical Depth, and Proactivity
• Designing from the vision down to the application and infrastructure architecture level.
• Partnering with Product teams and other technology teams to contribute in setting technical strategy and roadmaps. Collaboration and initiative is key.
• Helping to transform our enterprise architecture.
• Pro-actively define new measures to meet business needs, improve efficient, and improve agility.
Providing direction to technical leads on projects in work and reviewing designs.
• Initiating and leading 'What if', 'What next' and 'Why not' planning.
• Mentor and guide development teams across Mastercard Prepaid Management Services.
• Research current and emerging technologies, and provide recommendations.
• Initiation of Proof-of-Concept projects and drive innovative changes.
• Pre-sales support and solution consultancy to our business partners - occasional international travel may be required.
All About You
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent experience.
• Experience in a related field is desirable - Java, .NET, Web technologies, APIs, mobile apps, and/or large-scale enterprise applications.
• Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written, strong relationship and collaboration skills.
• Knowledge and understanding of Agile software engineering concepts and methodologies.
• Hands-on, high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function independently under pressure.
• You must be able to inform and lead through your designs and documents.
• Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, frameworks and tools.
• Able to support multiple concurrent activities and to interface with external / internal resources.
• Are an enthusiastic ambassador for new technology.
• May come from a varied technical career background.
Desirable not not necessary to have Experience in delivering solutions in the payments domains
Web application related technologies - Java, Spring Framework
Cloud and DevOps Architecture, especially via Pivotal Cloud Foundry
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Back to top