Lead, Software Development Engineer
- O'Fallon, MO
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Lead, Software Development Engineer
Providing Innovative, Secure, and Reliable Switching Solutions is the lifeblood of Mastercard Core Products, we are currently seeking a passionate, collaborative, and experienced software engineer to join Edge Access Solutions Squad.
Are you a collaborator capable of communicating effectively with Business and IT stakeholders across all organizational levels?
Are you an innovator who embraces, adopts, and studies the latest technology to solve challenging business problems?
Are you a leader who inspires the team to think "out of the box" and effectively communicates across all levels of the organization?
If this describes you, Mastercard wants to talk to you about joining our Squad.
About the Role:
- Ensure quality of one or more application codebases and alignment with development standards.
- Applies technical capabilities within own discipline to coach and develop junior employees.
- Assists in vendor assessment and evaluates and recommends software development tools.
- Designs highly complex applications, interfaces and integration with a modest number of systems.
- Responsible for performance engineering of the enterprise software architecture, and providing functional
guidance, advice, and/or training to other application developers.
- Group-wide and external public speaking and other communications conveying domain level directions
- Researching and evaluating tools to support domain-specific needs.
- Significant advanced code development, commitment of code/review of pull-requests, and modest day-to-day
- Engineering experience, preferably in high volume, low latency transaction processing systems (such as payments
transaction switching, high frequency trading systems or global real-time event streaming systems etc.)
- Experience with various coding languages Java, Go, C++,ESQL, etc.
- Delivered scalable products through a CI/CD pipeline deploying on-prem or in a public cloud infrastructure.
- Ensure quality across the full stack via rigorous CI/CD practices in all aspects of the SDLC (Builds, Test, and
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Experienced in event driven systems (Apache Kafka, NATS, etc)
-Experienced in building platforms with Microservice architecture and RESTful APIs.
-Experience using cloud-native approaches running on Linux, leveraging Spring Boot
-Experience with virtualization like Cloud Foundry(PCF), Kubernetes (PKS), Docker etc.
-Experience in CI/CD pipeline creation via Jenkins
BS or MS in Computer Science
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Back to top