Lead Software Development Engineer
- O'Fallon, MO
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Lead Software Development Engineer
• Highly Motivated Technical Leader to Champion Software Development Projects and that can deliver results.
• Researches alternative technical solutions for changing business needs.
• Responsible for assuring the daily activities of the team meet the required service levels.
• Successfully lead major projects and complex assignments with broad scope and long-term business implications.
• Develop innovative solutions that meet specific business needs.
• Partner with project managers to lead day to day software development efforts.
• Assist in day to day software development efforts including programming.
• Create proof of concept applications
• Collaborate with business and technical partners
• Assist in the evaluation of 3rd parties and 3rd party products.
• Ensure adherence to established quality control practices.
• Create and maintain technology roadmaps.
• Ensure adherence to established software development process.
• Effectively communicate to management, business owners, and other stake holders.
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience.
Knowledge / Experience:
•Experience in delivering secure solutions in Financial Services Sector is preferred.
•Object-oriented design and programming with Java, J2EE , Oracle, PL/SQL, JDBC
•Open source frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate are a plus
•Web Services (SOAP, REST, XML, XSL) is a plus
•Experience with NoSQL DB is a plus.
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required. Skills/ Abilities:
•Ability to be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure in an independent environment along with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
•Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written - and strong relationship, collaboration skills and organizational skills.
•Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, frameworks and tools and support multiple concurrent activities and to interface with external / internal resources, working as a member of a matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team. Key Technology Areas:
•Ability to assess existing application code and remediate performance type issues and rewrite any part of the code that deviates with best practices
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Back to top