Lead Software Development Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Lead Software Development Engineer
The Consultant/Lead Software Engineer in Test is a hands-on senior developer who brings considerable experience in application-layer development and user interface implementation for both web and mobile web applications, using Cloud technologies. As the lead in the Mastercard Alberta Test Engineering team, you will be responsible for designing and developing scalable testing solutions for a micro services based architecture. You will own implementation of the testing frameworks and tools, that will support full end to end testing of the backend and frontend components combined.You will also be responsible for identification and implementation of complex DevOps and automation efforts to support the testing strategy.
Working within an Agile development methodology, you will collaborate with other engineers and tech leads and work closely with the architects to deliver an exceptional user experience to our customers. In addition, you'll have the opportunity to work with new frameworks and technologies, assist with prototyping and proof-of-concepts, lead demos, and participate in code reviews, and help ensure a high level of code quality from the team. As a lead engineer in test you will also be responsible for providing strategic support related to specific applications and systems as well as assisting with implementing service improvements across delivery teams and other functions.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with strong relationship, collaborative and organization skills
- Experience translating functional product requirements into application-layer code, and visual designs into functional user interfaces within traditional web applications
- Java, J2EE, Spring Framework (Spring MVC, Spring Security, Aspects, etc.), JPA, JSF, Junit, Web Services (SOAP & REST), JSON/XML, JBoss, Log4j, Eclipse STS, SQL, Oracle DB Server, Redis,
- Building micro services and deploying these to AWS, PCF
- Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration specifically using tools such as Jenkins
- Successfully led project test teams; collaborated with business partners, vendors, consulting organizations and peer-level professionals across IT disciplines
- Demonstrated expertise in BDD/TDD practices reviews
In addition to the above skills, the following experience is highly desirable:
- Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Experience with Contract Testing tools such as Pact
- Experience with logging frameworks
- Experience in performance testing, collecting performance metrics, and building performance environment data sets
- E-commerce experience
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Back to top