Lead Software Developer - Fraud Platform
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Lead Software Developer - Fraud Platform
The Mastercard Fraud Scoring and Analytics Platform team in Dublin have an exciting opportunity to hire a Consultant Java Software Engineer. Our team is responsible for designing and developing new capabilities and frameworks on the MasterCard Fraud Management Platform. This platform provides sophisticated business solutions to authenticate users and combat fraud.
• Would you like to work on a team that is building industry leading solutions for fighting fraud?
• Do you want to learn cutting edge technologies and help solve complex business problems?
• Do you have creative problem-solving techniques?
• Are you motivated to be a part of an organisation that is driving a world beyond cash?
This role involves working with a team of talented developers to develop high performance, high volume, Java based solutions on the Fraud Management Platform. In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Design and implementation of innovative Java based capabilities on the Mastercard Fraud
• Work as part of a co-located Agile SCRUM team.
• Be a strong influencer on the team, from input into technical decisions to helping shape team
• Work closely with Product Owners, Business Analyst, Systems Analyst, Technical leads and
other developers to define user stories.
• Develop high-quality, scalable and secure software solutions.
• Assist with support issues by troubleshooting incidents and problem tickets.
• Research alternative technical solutions to meet changing business needs.
• Work with project team to meet due dates, while working through emerging issues and
• Produce design documentation in accordance with Mastercard documentation standards.
• Proficiency with Java JDK 8 or greater.
• Knowledge of JBoss, Tomcat, Spring, Spring Boot, Shell Scripting, JSON.
• Experience with Linux, SQL, Multi-threading, Message Queuing systems
• Knowledge of distributed systems and messaging queuing systems.
• Expertise in Junit or other automated unit testing frameworks.
• Knowledge of Splunk or other alerting and monitoring solutions.
• Knowledge of CI/CD principles and tools such as Jenkins, Chef, Maven
• Passionate about Agile software development and working with SAFe or SCRUM.
• Knowledge of Business Rules Management Systems.
• Knowledge of Source Control Management and working with code in a multi-developer
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and strong collaboration skills.
• Show initiative and demonstrate a willingness to take on challenging opportunities.
• Passionate about code quality and coding best practices.
• Must be driven, highly motivated and a strong team-player.
• Interested in cultivating a high performance team environment.
• Fluency in English.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent work
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
See Inside the Office of Mastercard
Mastercard operates one of the world’s fastest payment processing networks, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments, and businesses in hundreds of countries around the world. The company’s products and solutions aim to make everyday activities such as shopping, traveling, running a business, and managing finances easy, secure, and efficient for everyone.
Back to top