Lead Information Security Engineer
- Dublin, Ireland
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Lead Information Security Engineer
Identity Access Management teams are responsible for end to end providing services to support internal employees and external customers capabilities to retrieve access to Mastercard systems and applications
The Identity Access Engineering team within Corporate Security is focused on onboarding new cutting edge technologies within Identity Access Management space, enhancing existing identity access services through automation, and execute on strategy of access being an enabler for the business' needs.
The purpose of this job is to be a technical lead on a team that is focused on delivering new or enhanced identity access initiatives for our employees.
This position includes partnering with project managers for implementation of technical solutions, detailing costs and time estimates for initiatives, mentoring junior team members through all phases of the software development lifecycle, and ensuring compliance of audit requirements proactively.
Be able to understand technically the tasks that they are working on & dig in to ask challenging questions to make sure that objectives are being executed efficiently.
- Partner on technical implementation efforts of new products and services with strong communication to impacted business owners
- Software Design and Architecture for in house and vendor security products
- Working with vendors to implement scalable solutions into our solution architecture
- Design and develop simple, (re-)usable, service enabled, maintainable, and scalable security solutions that meet business requirements, and comply with information security policies
- Prioritize and identify cross application and system enhancements
- Lead review sessions of technical requirements and manage defect resolution process
- Partner with your peers in Business Operations (BizOps) and other internal identity access management teams to ensure delivery of services aligns with governance controls and support requirements
- Responsible for ensuring operational readiness of platforms through reviews and procedures of planning, testing, and implementation management
- Responsible to lead cross-functional teams and deliver global projects working with regional offices
- Responsible for coordinating with one or more groups to ensure platform goals are met
- Develops plans to improve quality within our Identity Access Management systems and platforms
- Researches new methodologies to improve security and development practices
All About You
- High-energy, detail-oriented and proactive with the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment.
- Successful track record in software development or security engineering
- Intermediate skills API development (REST/SOAP/XML)
- Intermediate exposure to Python
- Intermediate strategic/thoughtful risk taking experience
- Intermediate/Advanced Corporate Security skills, specifically to Identity Access Management or Security Engineering is a plus
- Intermediate skills in SAFe (agile) transformation practices
- Strong experience in regulatory compliance (PCI, GLBA, SOX)
- Intermediate technical background (Windows, UNIX, databases, network, web applications)
- Experience in dealing with difficult situations and making decisions with a sense of urgency
- Experience with coaching junior developers
- Exposure to Hashicorp Vault or any vaulting solution a plus
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Back to top