Java Tech Lead
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Java Tech Lead
Provides support of applications software through programming, analysis, design, development and delivery of software solutions. Researches alternative technical solutions for changing business needs.
•Responsible for programming, testing, implementation, documentation, maintenance and support of systems application software in adherence with MasterCard standards, processes and best practices.
•Develop high quality, secure, scalable software solutions based on technical requirements specifications and design artifacts within expected time and budget.
•Research, create and evaluate technical solution alternatives for the business needs current and upcoming technologies and frameworks.
•Perform feasibility studies, logic designs, detailed systems flowcharting, analysis of input-output flow, cost and time analysis.
•Work with project team to meet scheduled due dates, while identifying emerging issues and recommending solutions for problems and independently perform assigned tasks, perform production incident management. Participate in on-call pager support rotation.
•Document software programs per Software Development Best Practices. Follow MasterCard Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes.
•Assist Senior Team members in modification of the documentation templates per the needs of the project and technology.
•Contribute ideas to help ensure that required standards and processes are in place and actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
•Support collection and reporting of project and software metrics.
All About You:
•Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
Knowledge / Experience:
•Thorough knowledge and understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required.
•Must demonstrate MC Core Competencies.
•Good knowledge of object oriented programming, along with requisite coding and debugging skills.
•Experience with the following technologies:
o Configuration Management tools (e.g., Subversion, Git).
• Understanding of software design principles, patterns, algorithms, data structures, and multi-threading concepts.
• Ability to leverage and utilize industry-standard test automation frameworks, tools and practices.
• Knowledgeable of continuous delivery practices.
• Experience working in an agile and waterfall environment preferred.
• Ability to work across multiple operating systems such as Windows, UNIX and Linux.
• Experience with testing frameworks and methodologies (Gtest, JUnit, mocking, etc.).
• Solid experience with relational databases, including ability to write efficient SQL queries and Stored Procedures.
• Proficient oral and written communication skills.
• Creative, resourceful and innovative problem solver.
• Independent learner with a demonstrated aptitude for acquiring knowledge and skills.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Back to top