- London, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team - one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Specialist's support external customers in their testing and take-on to Vocalink Mastercard services as follows:
1. When a new service is developed.
2. When a customer comes onto a new service.
3. When a new customer comes onto an existing service.
4. When a customer makes internal changes that require them to retest their use of an existing service.
5. When Vocalink Mastercard makes changes to a service that require customers to retest.
Senior Specialist's work with Vocalink's corporate clients and Financial Institutions to ensure the successful delivery of Vocalink's services to the production environment and into a global marketplace.
The Senior Specialist ensures that client satisfaction is maintained and where appropriate, protects and maximises revenue streams, for each piece of work or project that the Implementation team is involved in.
• Ensuring that outstanding service is provided to our customers by preparing them for the implementation of a system or a change to a system at Vocalink. This includes attending/contributing to external meetings and also preparing, amending and reviewing Customer documents
• Responding to customer queries and raising defects on behalf of the customers within the SLAs agreed with the customers
• Ensuring that the milestones and deliverables on the project plans are met and are of the appropriate quality before being made externally available.
• Adopting the agreed communication style which is professional at all times and provides the required audit trail either by formal meeting minutes or the appropriate audit trail.
• Supporting the delivery of large scale changes.
• Taking responsibility for delivering small scale change within the remit of post
• Liaising regularly with the relevant internal teams/ departments to ensure that defects are fixed in a timely manner, the test environment is fit for purpose and that all Implementation activities are on schedule, thereby ensuring that implementations run smoothly. In addition, takes into account the needs of other internal teams, by the reviewing of documents, attendance at regular meetings
• Keeping up to date on the status of all releases and any potential customer impacts through liaison with Vocalink Technical Authors and other Implementation team members
• Establishing relationships between Implementation and other externally-facing teams to ensure communication is relevant/up to date and in the correct format whilst ensuring that an accurate and complete audit trail is available.
• Supporting customers who are proving their processes and procedures in the customer proving environment
• Ensuring that processes and procedure are followed wherever applicable
• Working such that there is availability outside Vocalink's core hours to respond to customer questions or queries, to deal with internal issues and also, if applicable, for onsite visits and/ or training
• Demonstrating a willingness and ability to be able to work from any location
All about You
The post holder must be passionate, focussed and committed with an ambition to learn more and get involved across Vocalink Mastercard Service Line portfolio. The ability to deal with high profile, externally visible situations and pressures is also requisite on the post holder.
The post holder will be confident and able to communicate with external technical and business personnel; discretion is also key.
An excellent time manager and team player who can demonstrate flexibility and creativity in planning their own work and to understand how that can fit into the wider team plans, some of which may involve a level of delegation. The CDA must be able to multi-task and reprioritise work quickly and effectively.
Demonstrate intelligent problem solving skills which may occasionally require non-standard thinking in order to arrive at the solution.
Able to demonstrate accountability as the development and delivery of services into the live environment can have extremely high impact in the target marketplace.
Must be able to demonstrate experience in dealing with and managing external customers.
Experience of testing methodologies and release management
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Back to top