Engineer, Software Engineering
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Engineer, Software Engineering
• Are you motivated by the challenge of thinking on your feet in the middle of the action?
• Do you want to learn cutting edge technologies and solve complex business problems?
• Would you like to help develop industry leading software for fighting fraud?
The Fraud Platform Development team develops new capabilities for MasterCard's Decision Management Platform, which serves as the core for multiple business solutions to combat fraud and validate cardholder identity. Our patented Java-based platform processes billions of transactions per month in tens of milliseconds using a multi-tiered, message-oriented approach for high performance and availability. The Associate Software Engineer will assist in developing new platform capabilities for this high volume transaction processing system, as well as web applications and services for managing fraud solutions and fraud events.
• Deliver solutions by providing direct development of software
• Work closely with technical leads for assignment of user stories and other tasks
• Assist with support issues by troubleshooting incidents and problem tickets
All About You
• Proficience with Java JDK 1.7 or greater
• Understanding of relational databases and SQL
• Good grasp of object-oriented design patterns such as dependency injection, factories, and singletons
• Expertise with Eclipse or IntelliJ and ability to compile, deploy, and execute code artifacts
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Previous exposure to Spring MVC
• Understanding of Java unit testing and typical frameworks used
• Familiarity with basic agile software development processes and test driven development
• Competence with one or more of the following: JBoss, shell scripting, XML, multi-threading, Maven, log4j, JDBC
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Meet Some of Mastercard's Employees
Manager, Product Development & Innovation
Breenae works in the Enterprise Architecture organization, supporting shared information services platforms that allow employees and external users to interact with important data in a secure way.
Back to top