Engineer, Biz Ops
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Engineer, Biz Ops
Mastercard Payment Transaction Services (MPTS) Europe is a fully Mastercard owned processing asset, a brand agnostic payment processing company. The company was founded in 2008 with initial focus on the Polish market. It is located in Warsaw, Poland. Over the past few years MPTS Europe has developed its business and expanded into other EU countries. We offer comprehensive payment solutions to banks, financial institutions and non-traditional issuers (i.e. FinTech, retailers). We drive innovation in the area of card processing covering both physical and digital space.
MPTS Europe has invested in the best-in-class solutions in order to support end-to-end product lifecycle including a wide range of value added services, as well as customer support via different servicing channels. MPTS Europe's mission is to deliver innovative and reliable payment processing solutions. Our company leverages industry best practices combined with payment expertise to drive client revenue and profitability.
The Warsaw BizOps team is looking for an Biz Ops Engineer, who can support BAU, build our CI/CD pipeline and lead Mastercard in DevOps automation and best practices.
- Are you a born problem solver who loves to figure out how something works?
- Are you a CI/CD geek who loves all things automation?
- Do you have a low tolerance for manual work and look to automate everything you can?
Business Operations is leading the DevOps transformation at Mastercard through our tooling and by being an advocate for change & standards throughout the development, quality, release, and product organizations. We need team members with an appetite for change and pushing the boundaries of what can be done with automation. Experience in working across development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and to build relationships is a must.
• Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services-from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
• Analyze ITSM activities of the platform and provide feedback loop to development teams on operational gaps or resiliency concerns
• Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, capacity planning and launch reviews.
• Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
• Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
• Support the application CI/CD pipeline for promoting software into higher environments through validation and operational gating, and lead Mastercard in DevOps automation and best practices.
• Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
• Take a holistic approach to problem solving, by connecting the dots during a production event thru the various technology stack that makes up the platform, to optimize mean time to recover
• Work with a global team spread across tech hubs in multiple geographies and time zones
• Share knowledge and mentor junior resources
All About You:
• BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
• Fluency in English and Polish (verbal and written);
• Experience with algorithms, data structures, scripting, pipeline management, and software design.
• Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
• Ability to help debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
• We support many different stakeholders. Experience in dealing with difficult situations and making decisions with a sense of urgency is needed.
• Experience in one or more of the following is preferred: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby.
• Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems..
• For work on our dev ops team, engineer with experience in industry standard CI/CD tools like Git/BitBucket, Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, and Chef. Experience designing and implementing an effective and efficient CI/CD flow that gets code from dev to prod with high quality and minimal manual effort is required.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Back to top