Director, Strategic Program Management
- O'Fallon, MO
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company.
Director, Strategic Program Management
The Strategic Program Management (SPM) organization will drive a customer-focused view of developing and managing technology product roadmaps for all O&T product lines across Mastercard jointly with development, operations, and product teams. SPM's will also obsess about defining, measuring and communicating the value of our technology investments to our business and technology partners. This team will further embed the Technology Business Management (TBM) discipline across the company to ensure we are making business-based decisions around our solutions and investments. Additionally, SPM's will own demand intake and prioritization, investment management, capacity planning and supporting development teams with program governance and release planning.
• Lead and manage overall TBM process including technology program roadmaps, demand intake, prioritization, and capacity planning with a more "strategic lens" in conjunction with our product, regional, and technology partners.
• Measure and highlight key KPI's to demonstrate the value created by investments in operations and technology across all programs, including operational health.
• Manage the portfolio cost and make recommendations to senior leadership and business partners on how to reprioritize/ optimize the portfolio.
• Manage Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and financial forecasts (annual and quarterly) within and across all programs to drive overall delivery goals of Better, Cheaper, and Faster.
• Manage program governance across compliance, audit, security and risk processes in partnership with Business Operations and development partners.
• Work with business partners to align and prioritize business and technology roadmaps and develop solutions to future business opportunities by helping to define economic measures and supporting business cases.
All About You
• Strong knowledge and experience in payments with a focus on Commercial market and technologies.
• Demonstrated experience bringing new capabilities to market, improving operations, and driving change management.
• Expertise in the areas of strategy, planning and financial management required.
• Strong business leadership, technology acumen, and an ability to influence at all levels.
• High degree of independent leadership, critical thinking, communication, accountability, analytical and teamwork skills.
• The ability to thrive in fast-paced environments while being flexible and able to handle rapidly-changing scenarios; someone who sees 'ambiguity' as an opportunity rather than a hurdle.
• Technology Business Management (TBM), Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) and Apptio experience preferred
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Back to top