Director - Software Engineering
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director - Software Engineering
Job Description Summary
The Director position in Payments Transaction Services is an engineering role which requires in depth awareness of various technologies and an eager eye to look into various technology elements/architecture and leading a large team of highly competent engineers.
This is position which requires extensive understanding and knowledge of software operations with solid knowledge of SDLC processes. Provides management direction and recommends strategic directions based on established policy. Leads and manages staff and assures staffing, training and objective settings. Recommends policy changes and implementations.
• Ensure approved staffing levels are maintained, departmental and staff education, training and cross training needs are met.
• Ensure that staff has skills and behaviors to perform tasks fully through effective communication of goals, objectives, performance and as necessary improvement plans.
• Recommend annual cost center budget and ensure appropriate expenditures within that approved budget
• Recommend strategic direction and policy changes.
• Ensuring that Agile Scrum framework is being followed by the Scrum Teams
• Appropriate development tools and processes are in place
• Ensuring that automated test coverage of code is continuously improving.
• Establishing realistic estimates for timelines based on Scrum Team Velocity
• Establishing metrics for Build and UAT quality
• Release deployments are suitable resourced by the Applications Scrum teams
• Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development
• Ability to interact across multiple organizational levels and assume a lead role and set direction for large or complex projects.
All about you:
• Overall software engineering experience of 14+ years
• Understands payments processing platforms
• A record of successful delivery of software applications as an individual, team leader and/or development manager
• Excellent communicator, collaborator & Team player
• Problem solver and solution-seeking approach. Understands various design tools for system and application design
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management
• Ability to build rapport and relationships across the teams and other stakeholders
• Understands the full SDLC process
• Knowledgeable - possessing the technical knowledge, market knowledge, and other specialized knowledge of the team's problem domain
• Preferably a certified Product Owner or Scrum Master
• Agile Scrum experience
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science from a reputed institute
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Back to top