Director Software Engineering
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director Software Engineering
Cloud Native Development represents the next phase in the advancement of our digital transformation and is a significant evolution for MasterCard. We continue to grow our engineering organization to support aggressive growth plans. MasterCard is seeking a Director of Software Engineering to lead the development of cloud native platforms. This position requires a thorough knowledge of what it takes to develop Scalable, Resilient, highly responsive and high performance applications from the ground up, also able to take existing applications and make them cloud deployable (Both Private and Public cloud).
• Formally supervises and coaches a large group/team, or several Leaders/ Consultants and is responsible for business execution of goals and objectives
• Ensures own teams compliance to goal setting and performance appraisal process
• Helps identify and coach top talent within own teams (includes direct reports and second-line reports)
• Provides strategic leadership related to specific applications and systems, or software-development methodologies
• Creates and sustains an environment of ingenuity and creativity and challenges the status quo to encourage innovation
• Oversees the management of the Software Engineering function and acts as an authority on high-level and complex decisions within the function
• Maintain application integrity and achieve operational excellence through fully automated using CI/CD pipelines
• Execution with precision and working with other engineering teams across the Mastercard to manage internal and external dependencies to deliver quality product on time and on budget
• Software Engineering experience with demonstrated thought-leadership and functional influence and partnership demonstrated by a successful track record of enabling business through these technical decisions
• Considered a department thought leader and expert in Software Engineering as with experience in related engineering disciplines
• Proven ability to design / architect highly scalable applications/platforms
• Prior experience with Cloud Native Architecture and development
• Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
• Ability to influence and partner with teams outside of the engineering organization
• Proven track record of delivering large scale projects and willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done
• Excellent communication / presentation skills
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Back to top