Director, Software Engineering, Access Services
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Software Engineering, Access Services
•Customer Access Services Program is responsible for end to end providing services to support external customers capabilities to retrieve access to Mastercard systems and applications
•Access Engineering team within Shared Components is focused on onboarding new cutting edge technologies within Identity Access Management space, enhancing existing identity access services through automation, and execute on strategy of access being an enabler for the business' needs.
•This position is to lead the development of Access Services and supporting existing applicatiosn. This position requires a thorough knowledge of what it takes to develop Scalable, Resilient, highly responsive and high performance applications from the ground up, also able to take existing applications and make them cloud deployable..
•This position includes partnering with project managers for implementation of technical solutions, detailing costs and time estimates for initiatives, mentoring junior team members through all phases of the software development lifecycle, and ensuring compliance of audit requirements proactively.
•Be able to understand technically the tasks that they are working on & dig in to ask challenging questions to make sure that objectives are being executive efficiently
•Give an example where you have shown your technical leadership in a project?
•Give an example of when you have thought outside of the box to solve a problem?
•What experience do you bring to the table that will drive this team to the next level?
•Formally supervises and coaches a large group/team, or several Leaders/ Consultants and is responsible for business execution of goals and objectives
• Experience in running high performance teams and works well with Peers in other locations
• Ensures own teams compliance to goal setting and performance appraisal process
• Helps identify and coach top talent within own teams (includes direct reports and second-line reports)
• Position also requires hands on development as needed basis and not just people manager
• Provides strategic leadership related to specific applications and systems, or software-development methodologies
• Creates and sustains an environment of ingenuity and creativity and challenges the status quo to encourage innovation
• Oversees the management of the Software Engineering function and acts as an authority on high-level and complex decisions within the function
•Prioritize and identify cross application and system enhancements
•Lead review sessions of technical requirements and manage defect resolution process
•Partner with your peers in Business Operations (BizOps) and other internal identity access management teams to ensure delivery of services aligns with governance controls and support requirements
•Responsible for ensuring operational readiness of platforms through reviews and procedures of planning, testing, and implementation management
•Responsible to lead cross-functional teams and deliver global projects working with regional offices
•Responsible for coordinating with one or more groups to ensure platform goals are met
•Develops plans to improve quality within our Identity Access Management systems and platforms
•Researches new methodologies to improve security and development practices
•Coaches junior level employees on software development and security best practices
All About You
•High-energy, detail-oriented and proactive with the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment.
•Multiple years of technical architecture experience in Directory Services (cloud based, IBM, Active Directory)
•Software Engineering experience with demonstrated thought-leadership and functional influence and partnership demonstrated by a successful track record of enabling business through these technical decisions
• Considered a department thought leader and expert in Software Engineering as with experience in related engineering disciplines
• Proven ability to design / architect highly scalable applications/platforms
• Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
• Ability to influence and partner with teams outside of the engineering organization
• Proven track record of delivering large scale projects and willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done
• Excellent communication / presentation skills
•Experience in dealing with difficult situations and making decisions with a sense of urgency
•Experience with coaching junior developers
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
See Inside the Office of Mastercard
Mastercard operates one of the world’s fastest payment processing networks, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments, and businesses in hundreds of countries around the world. The company’s products and solutions aim to make everyday activities such as shopping, traveling, running a business, and managing finances easy, secure, and efficient for everyone.
Back to top