Director, Information Security
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Information Security
Responsible for leading the Control Validation and Monitoring & Testing teams.
• Apply knowledge of security principles, theories, and concepts, knowledge of business/function and development life cycle.
• Work closely with developers and evaluate business requests to determine feasibility; work with Software Engineers to define alternatives and recommend optimal solutions to meet security and regulatory requirements in the design of new/enhanced systems.
• Ensure established security policies and standards are observed by consulting with Business Owners on projects.
• Timely and accurate communication with project staff throughout the life cycle of project-based initiatives.
• Documenting and coordinating changes and enhancements of security standards and procedures, prepare and/or present documentation of business/technical presentations, provide technical support for the member(s)/business to ensure adherence to requirements, and document problem areas and coordinate resolutions.
• Investigate/research MasterCard or industry business/technical security processes.
• Coordinate and document project/release level testing of new security software.
• BS Degree in Information Processing, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent combination of experience and formal education.
• 5 - 8 years of Information Security practice
• Knowledge of security architecture of web based networks and environments
• Knowledge and technical security experience in Cryptography
• Requires advanced knowledge of security protocols and standards, experience with software and security architectures.
• Technical experience with Java
• Experience in security design and technology assessment
• Security design and implementation of web based security architecture for secure on-line transactions
• Technical experience with security practices of Intranet and Extranet
• Working knowledge of application layer firewalls, NetScaler, and Checkpoint Firewall NG.
• Working knowledge of DES encryption, Digital Certificates, SSL, VPN, IPSec, development of DMZ's and other security tools and processes such as eTrust Access Control, ESM, and IDS/IPS.
• Working knowledge and technical security experience with Unix, Linux, Solaris, and AIX
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Off hours and weekend support as well as recall support as required.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Back to top