Director - Digital Identity Product & Architecture
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director - Digital Identity Product & Architecture
A primary focus of the Humanitarian and Development (H&D) team is economic formalization in developing markets. We convert inefficient and risky cash practices into locally nuanced safe, secure and smart digital empowerment. Using a shared value model we partner with our customers to bring about permanent, transformative change. This job is all about helping developing world consumers, merchants and governments solve their practical, everyday barriers to success.
Mastercard Humanitarian & Development team provides end-to-end Commercial and Identity solutions for clients and partner organizations. We have an expanding and evolving technical platform that supports our global portfolio of humanitarian programs.
You will be responsible for creating technical solutions and leading initiatives for our existing and emerging technologies. You will be an ambassador for Identity technologies, using biometric capabilities and smart card technologies for innovation and for technology evolution.
You will partner with other architects, developers, and analysts, as well as other Mastercard technology teams across the globe.
Key themes: Technical Depth, and Proactivity
• Designing from the vision down to the software and infrastructure level.
• Knowledge and experience in industry standard Digital Identity technologies.
• Providing direction to technical leads on projects in work and reviewing designs.
• Interface with technical developers to translate product requirements into technical specifications ensuring mutual understanding and minimizing time to market
• Perform technical feasibility assessment on the product requirement.
• Work with cross-functional to create detailed functional and technical specification, assess effort estimates and provide timelines.
• Initiating and leading 'What if', 'What next' and 'Why not' planning
• Provide technical & thought leadership throughout various stages of solution lifecycle - planning, design, specification, implementation and launch.
• Oversee internal solution development as well as vendor readiness.
• Track and manage risks and issues, including escalations to management
• Be the Subject Matter Expert on Identity solutions and associated technologies.
• Mentor and guide development teams across Mastercard H&D technology teams.
• Research current and emerging technologies and bring them in!
• Initiate Proof-of-Concept projects and drive innovative changes.
• Some pre-sales technical consultancy to our customers.
Does this describe you?
• Digital Identity Solutions, Block Chain, etc.
• You enjoy rapidly learning and implementing new technologies.
• You should be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function independently under pressure.
• Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written, with strong relationship and collaboration skills.
• You are able to inform and lead through your designs and documents.
Helpful knowledge, skills and experience:
• Financial Services experience a plus, but not essential - bring your perspectives with you.
We welcome candidates with varied technical career backgrounds.
Bonus points for:
• Mobile App technologies -Android development, cross-platform, wrappers
All About You
• Extensive experience and demonstrated consistent success in technology design and delivery, including managing delivery teams across multiple team/geographies
• Demonstrate ability to seamlessly integrate and implement technical solutions to meet business requirements.
• Proven competencies in positively influencing business and technical partners to meet and/or exceed business objectives.
• Strong technical background in Digital Identity with an emphasis on high quality software design.
• High preference for action - results driven and with a disciplined approach
Familiarity with Agile project delivery methodology is desirable
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Back to top