Director, Debit Product
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Debit Product
• The successful candidate will join the Product team in Mastercard's Japan business, and work with sales team and provide leadership in product management and go to market strategy to bring Debit Mastercard to the Japan market
• This role also covers the Mastercard Real Time Payments product, which will include the proof of concept work for the Japan market as well as responsibility for solution vision & thought leadership, product build, commercialization and go to market strategy & implementation.
•• Taking the lead position in both Debit Mastercard and RTP product expansion and necessary infrastructure development initiatives
• Collaborate with other stakeholders at Mastercard to bring best user experience to Debit Mastercard holder and users of our Real Time Payments Offering
• This role will require its occupant to take the lead and contribute in all areas of product management through a strong understanding of and experience in dealing with Japanese banks as a client customer, as well as knowledge about inter-bank infrastructure and payment infrastructure
• Identify strategic business-building opportunities in products and solutions that can be offered to customers.
• Overall responsibility for idea generation; concept validation; and business case development for existing products.
• Develop and implement programs and initiatives using the Go-To-Market process to increase card issuance in both established and emerging markets.
• Oversee the planning, development and design of product marketing strategy from product decision through end of life cycle.
All about you
•• You will have a basic knowledge of banking sector, especially in retail banking, and will probably have some direct experience of working on the transactional side of retail bank in Japan.
•• You will be intimately familiar with the pain point & challenges of Japanese banks and their consumers.
• You will have a working knowledge of how the Card business works and understand the networks which connect issuers to acquirers, & banks to banks.
• You will enjoy taking on challenging, multi-faceted role in a fast pace business environment with an agile-cultured digital technology company
• You will possess very strong communication skills in in English, and will have native level Japanese skills.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Back to top