Director, Customer Operations
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Customer Operations
Position with advanced understanding and knowledge of the Customer Operations and Support area with solid knowledge of required services. Provide management direction to team and recommend strategic direction based on established policy. Assure established operations interfaces with MasterCard's electronic payment processing systems are compliant with MasterCard's global product rules and specifications. Recommend and implement policy changes. Lead and manage staff with responsibility for staffing, training, objective setting and ensuring goals and objectives are met by the team. Major
• Lead and motivate a team of support Specialists following corporate Human Resources policies and standards.
• Define and set team objectives monitoring performance ensuring these goals and objectives are achieved on a constant basis.
• Lead, coach and mentor team members on various functions.
• Execute corporate global MasterCard strategy with focus on customer processing operations via adequate strategy translations.
• Contribute to definition of Service Level Agreements / Operations Level Agreements between the global Customer Operations Services department and other processing and operations support teams throughout MasterCard.
• Ensure audit compliance of activities and work standards of team.
• Responsible for team adherence to standard implementation metrics and SLA's.
• Perform strategic planning; financial planning; administration and management of department.
• Manage effort within approved manpower and budget guidelines, coordinating multiple project efforts.
• Provide leadership, direction and supervision to staff and ensure each project or effort is adequately staffed; trained and managed. Ensure personnel have appropriate skills and behaviors; and effectively communicate performance results; as necessary.
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business or equivalent work experience.
Knowledge / Experience:
• Intermediate "Information Technology" system knowledge, with strong understanding of network technology, applications, and project management.
•Strong payment transaction processing and industry business principles knowledge.
• Strong understanding of MasterCard's payment processing systems, formats and associated customer host operating services and principles.
• Strong understanding of the 4 party model and the full transaction lifecycle for MasterCard brands
• Ability to interact well with the customer, Sr. and Executive management
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to leverage these skills in a teaching environment
• Ability to drive change in a technical work environment
• Ability to coordinate processing theory /principles with business impact
• Ability to lead matrix organizations and cross functional teams
• Excellent time management skills
• Excellent coaching, mentoring, and team building skills
Work Conditions: Occasional international travel"
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Back to top