Director, Business Development, Urban Mobility
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Business Development, Urban Mobility
• Mastercard Enterprise Partnership (MEP) are leading Mastercard's strategy in the Urban Mobility and Smart City space working with our regions, cities and partners to develop world leading cities to live, work and visit.
• Within the Asia Pacific region there are key projects that are paving the way for a step change in how we work in cities and MEP are creating a role to support these efforts.
• You will be responsible for leading MEP's Urban Mobility/Smart City strategy in collaboration with regional teams in the AsiaPAC region
• Identifying key cities and stakeholders, you will leverage Mastercard technologies along with new and exisiting partnerships to transform the way people buy tickets for the transport network and ultimately interact with a city.
Who should apply for this role?
• Are you passionate about cities and always thinking through how them easier to travel around and interact with?
• Do you have experience of helping drive large scale, multi stakeholder projects forward?
• Are you confident to drive change and challenge ideas and help governments understand the benefits of digintally enabling their city?
• Can you work with a diverse range of stakeholders from financial institutions to city governments?
If so then read on……
In this role the successful candidate will:
• Take Mastercard's transit/urban mobility strategy and translate this into actionable deliverables for the AsiaPAC region to define the go to market strategy
• Pipeline creation for the region in regards to Urban mobility projects identifying
oGo to market approach with MA technologies
oRoles and responsibilities within MA and potential partnerships
• Build a network of key internal and external stakeholders for the region that can help deliver this pipeline through a range of approaches and events
• Formation of new partnerships in the region that can be scaled to deliver alongside and in isolation to our existing partnerships
• Advocate open loop payments and Mastercard technologies in the region with a range of stakeholders:
All About You
oAbility to self-motivate and work in a matrix organization
oClear communication both verbal and written to articulate Mastercard's Urban Mobility Vision
oStrong interpersonal skills to build and reinforce relationship
oCollaborative mindset with respect to internal colleagues and management located in other locations
• Knowledge of:
othe Asia Pac mobility landscape and key players in the market
oContactless payments & ticketing technologies (including up-to-date understanding of in-flight programmes in the region to transform current approaches to fare collection and consumer interaction) along with the associated industry structure and participants
oPotential for transaction and journey pattern information to be analysed for insights that can substantially enhance the effectiveness of city and state level management of transport systems and economies
• Experience of and skills in:
oMaking the case for public administration to embark upon complex, technology-enabled transformation initiatives
oMobilising programmes across multiple organisations (customer; partners; suppliers) and managing delivery to successful outcomes
oMust have demonstrable track-record in taking responsibility for delivering significant programme outcomes in a self-reliant, autonomous manner without close hands-on management.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Meet Some of Mastercard's Employees
Charlotte N.VP, Product Development & Innovation
Charlotte and the ACH Payments Team focus on the strategy, development, and commercialization of new products leveraging real-time payments technology. The team was formed in light of Mastercard’s entry into the real-time payments space and acquisition of the UK-based company Vocalink.
Back to top