Customer Support Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Customer Support Engineer
Job Title: Customer Support Engineer (L2)
HomeSend is a joint venture created by MasterCard, eServGlobal and BICS that enables B2B cross-border and cross-network value transfers through a single connection. It builds on the successful deployment of mobile enabled person-to-person transfers in emerging markets and the digitalization of money transfer services. The HomeSend service innovatively bridges the gap between finance and telecommunication service providers and enables consumers to send money to and from mobile money accounts, payment cards, bank accounts or cash outlets - regardless of their location or that of the recipient.
Overview of function
As part of the HomeSend Customer Support team, the successful candidate will full fill two main missions:
- Provide assistance to HomeSend customers relating to their use of HomeSend services. While the Level 1 team is the first point of contact for customers handling most queries, the Level 2 customer support team members handle the more complex customer cases and provide support and training to the Level 1 team.
- Provide operational monitoring and support for services provided to our customers.
- On guard duty 1 week per month
• Provide technical and business-related knowledge to the L1 team to help resolve customer queries, this includes knowledge management (documentation)
• Detect possible service interruptions to our partners and anticipate potential problems
• Root cause analysis (mature problem, configuration, change mgmt., process)
• Analyze service performance trends
• Escalate to appropriate group a detailed issue tracking (ticket), status update to logger (requester)
• Process automation capabilities & detect possible procedural improvements
• Resolve customer queries that have been forwarded by the Level 1 team
• Take ownership by coordinating the feedback to the customer where analysis is required from other HomeSend departments
• Perform customer service monitoring value analysis
• Carry out specific research for technical queries both internal and external
• Coordinate minor configuration changes that must be performed by customers
• Monitoring of specific transactional flows
• Participate in monitoring of internal operational processes
• Creation of system generated alarms to anticipate potential partner service interruptions
Preferred skills and experience
• Has studied at higher education level, can learn fast and is willing to reach autonomy rapidly.
• Can manage stressful situations and is willing to maintain an up-to-date knowledge the company's systems, products and procedures.
• Has excellent inter-personal communication skills and can demonstrate a customer-service oriented attitude and a supportive mindset.
• Can display analytical thinking and to provide consultancy and guidance to Customer about specific question
• Has proven experience in a technical/commercial/support position, preferably in a service or financial institution.
• Is familiar with common Information Technology Office tools (MS Excel) and is interested in acquiring more knowledge in this domain.
• Can provide training to newcomers and/or customers.
• Very good knowledge of the English language (verbal and written) and any other language is an asset.
• ITIL - certification is a plus
• Basic knowledge of Linux, Splunk, Jira is a plus
Main Working Partners
The successful candidate will work closely with his/her customer support colleagues and all with other Operations team members for resolving queries and collaborating on specific initiatives. In addition, there is regular contact with the Finance team relating to specific queries or as part of internal processes.
• Leadership - Leadership is demonstrated by actions, accountability and results.
• Communicate clearly and appropriately
• Problem solving, prioritization
• Organization, time management, work management - Plan and manage your work efficiently
• Customer service oriented
• Data processing
• Ability to work and interact effectively in a multi-cultural team.
• Spoken and written technical English is mandatory.
• Innovative - Suggest new technologies and/or methods to improve our service and daily jobs
• Teamwork - A good team works as one - locally, globally • Positive attitude - Positive attitude produces positive results; enjoy what you do
• Customer focus - Our customers are the reason for our existence
• HomeSend's goals drive your behavior - Deliver outcomes based on HomeSend's goals
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Back to top