Cross-border FX Product Manager, Treasury Solutions
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Cross-border FX Product Manager, Treasury Solutions
The Treasury Solutions team is Mastercard's resident experts on foreign exchange and its role in the global financial system, the Mastercard cross-border network, and cross-currency/cross-border digital payments. The team is Mastercard's foreign exchange "think tank" and acts in a leading or consultative capacity to support various business initiatives across products and functions.
Mastercard is rapidly expanding cross-border and cross-currency capabilities across the electronic payments landscape. The Treasury Solutions team is looking for a Cross-border FX Product Manager to assist in the design and development of new foreign exchange capabilities and processes that align with our mission to make payments safe, simple, and fast.
This individual will act as a liaison between Corporate Treasury and business, product development and technology teams, providing subject matter expertise on Mastercard's foreign exchange capabilities and services, with the main responsibility of developing and/or enhancing core capabilities to support cross-border and cross-currency payments.
• Assist in ideation of new FX products and solutions through understanding customer needs and the cross-border payment space
• Perform in-depth analysis to evaluate financial, operational, customer and system impacts of cross-border initiatives
• Liaise with Operation & Technology teams to provide product definitions, to assist with the creation of functional requirements and to drive project objectives
• Identify opportunities to improve processes related to the authorization, clearing and settlement of cross-currency transactions
The role requires extensive interaction with various global functions: technology, product, treasury, settlement, legal, etc. and provides an excellent opportunity for future growth at Mastercard, both in the Finance function as well as product development and regional business functions. The role presents a great leadership development opportunity and is especially suitable for people interested in growing into a broader business leadership role.
All About You
The ideal candidate will be someone with a strong knowledge and/or interest in the payments industry with a focus on technology enablement of foreign exchange processes, while also being interested in a broader functional role that includes product development, strategy, and finance. We are looking for out-of-the box, creative thinkers who are strong analytically and have experience working cross-functionally with product, system and technology functions.
The successful candidate is someone with product development, product management and/or treasury experience, who is excited to stretch themselves, and who has demonstrated a track record of executing projects involving ambiguity and broad range of inputs (finance, technology, etc.).
Specific requirements include:
• Strong analytical skills
• High level understanding of programming (coding) and/or a technology
• Corporate finance and/or foreign exchange experience is a plus
• Ability to think creatively and out-of-the box; ability to challenge the status quo; demonstrated ability to innovate
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly the ability to work and communicate cross-functionally
• Product development, system implementation, or project management experience is a plus
• Excellent leadership qualities, including getting work done through others, being organizationally savvy, thought leadership
• Undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, finance, economics, or similar analytical field
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
See Inside the Office of Mastercard
Mastercard operates one of the world’s fastest payment processing networks, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments, and businesses in hundreds of countries around the world. The company’s products and solutions aim to make everyday activities such as shopping, traveling, running a business, and managing finances easy, secure, and efficient for everyone.
Back to top