Consultant,Secure Software Development Champion
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Consultant,Secure Software Development Champion
Mastercard is creating a world class secure software development lifecycle team and we are looking for an agile team player to drive the delivery of repeatable processes and tools to support the creation and maintenance of secure software development processes. This role will be part of the Business Security Enablement team and will report to the VP of Information Security Engineering.
• Can you demonstrate a high level of expertise in information security and secure development disciplines?
• Can you advise development teams on how to securely design applications and services following industry best practices and enhance existing approaches to security engineering?
• Can you provide detailed guidance on how to securely develop and deploy applications in public cloud environments?
• Have you performed security analysis of web applications and web services and understand the threats, attacks and risks to payment applications?
• Can you analyze an application architecture to reduce the security risk to an acceptable level, while still providing beneficial functionality for the end user?
• The engineer will design application risk profiling and threat modeling methodologies and processes
• Partner closely with Business Security Officers, Business Security Engineers and Application Development teams to establish and mature the Threat Modeling culture
• Develop and deliver secure SDLC training to application development teams
• Determine tools necessary to support secure SDLC processes and output
• Define, create and report on KPI's to measure effectiveness and maturity of Secure SDLC at various levels within Mastercard
• Work closely with application development areas to ensure proper security considerations are addressed during the design phase of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
All About You
• Well versed in application development via previous software engineering experience with Java, .NET or similar enterprise programming language espacially realted to secure coding best pratcies
• Experience with SAST, DAST and/or IAST tooling and how to integrate capabilities is to software deliver pipeline.
Well versed in application secure design principles, and secure coding techniques
• Experience in secure design reviews
• Experience providing secure design advice for web based environments and secure communication, including mobile applications, web applications and web services
• Previous software engineering experience with Java or similar enterprise programming language, especially related to secure coding best practices
•Experience in threat modeling tools/methodologies, and attack tree a plus
• Demonstrate a broad awareness of security engineering concepts and practices across all phases of the software development lifecycle
• Experience of continuous delivery/continuous integration (CI/CD) processes and procedures including critical security considerations in automated workflows
• Demonstrate the ability to articulate and communicate effectively to diverse audiences and properly translates security and risk management terminology into business terms, and recommends alternative solutions to these stakeholders
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Meet Some of Mastercard's Employees
Charlotte N.VP, Product Development & Innovation
Charlotte and the ACH Payments Team focus on the strategy, development, and commercialization of new products leveraging real-time payments technology. The team was formed in light of Mastercard’s entry into the real-time payments space and acquisition of the UK-based company Vocalink.
Back to top