Consultant, Software Engineer in test
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Consultant, Software Engineer in test
Quality Engineering within MasterCard is about creating an ecosystem to build a world beyond waiting for all delivery teams to help achieve time-to-market, quality excellence, and higher customer satisfaction within all verticals including core, emerging payments, and value-added services.
Unlike similar quality/testing roles in other organizations, Quality Engineering positions at MasterCard require a firm knowledge and hands on software development skills on par with software developer to work closely with developers to build test automation, test infrastructure, and perform code analysis/review to enable development quality.
This position will be responsible for driving Quality Engineering best practices within MasterCard in working with teams to deliver applications and solutions that meet the needs of our stakeholders, including consumers, merchants, issuers and governments.
• Are you an experienced software professional who is passionate about innovative technology
and its potential to help create a world beyond cash?
• Can you plan test strategy and acceptance criteria keeping end customer needs - functional,
non-functional, and user experience - in mind?
• Love being hands on and can write code to break software as part of ensuring highest
software quality and stability?
• Do you have a motivation to drive quality automation and self-service culture as a part of
software delivery practices?
• Can you scale your communication at all levels starting from engineers to program managers
to product managers?
• Play a crucial part in helping drive Quality to help build and ship better products.
• Collaborate with our development teams to enhance our existing software development
• Drive Quality Engineering methodologies and help build high quality software.
• Partner with developers to improve and automate test and release processes.
• Help make Quality as an integral part of the development process.
All About You
• Java, Selenium WebDriver, RESTful services, JSON and XML.
• Unit test frameworks such as Junit
• Testing frameworks such as TestNG and Spock
• Ability to create acceptance and integration automation tests, integrate with Continuous
integration (Jenkins/Bamboo) and code coverage tools (Sonar).
• Experience in working in Agile Methodology.
• Experience of working with other developers to ensure that systems are designed for
reliability, performance and testability.
• Exposure/ Knowledge in cloud based applications.
• In Memory Grids (Pivotal Gemfire)
• SQL (Oracle DB)
Good to Have :
• Experience with Maven build process
• Knowledge in Digital Native Architecture
• Knowledge in Cloud/micro-services.
• Experience in Integration testing needs with exposure to data virtualization tools.
• Experience testing across a variety of platforms: web UI, APIs (REST and SOAP), Unix
• Knowledge of payment simulation tools (Paragon, FinSim, T3 or similar).
• Knowledge of ISO payment protocols (8583) desirable.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Meet Some of Mastercard's Employees
Charlotte N.VP, Product Development & Innovation
Charlotte and the ACH Payments Team focus on the strategy, development, and commercialization of new products leveraging real-time payments technology. The team was formed in light of Mastercard’s entry into the real-time payments space and acquisition of the UK-based company Vocalink.
Back to top