Consultant, Software Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Consultant, Software Engineer
All About Us
MasterCard is a technology company in the global payments business. We connect consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses worldwide and enable them to use secure and convenient electronic forms of payment.
Join the industry's most passionate, motivated & engaged global team - Our employees are encouraged to drive innovation every day in support of a more connected world - A World Beyond Cash.
The chosen candidate for this position will be a Software Engineer in a strong software engineering team responsible for delivery of high quality software solutions using agile methodology.
• The Finance, Settlement and Risk Solutions team develops and supports applications that provide exceptional financial, settlement, and risk systems processes. Additionally, we develop, enhance, and maintain MasterCard's billing system to meet both MasterCard's requirements, and the needs of the business community. In addition, our team supports Global Finance by providing an accurate, flexible, and cost-effective platform for managing financial data, processes, and reporting. Risk Systems provides technology solutions to reduce and prevent credit and debit fraud.
• The chosen candidate for this position will be a Software Engineer in a strong software engineering team responsible for delivery of high quality software solutions using agile methodology.
• The Settlement system is now on an evolution to new technology to SOA architecture. This position would be a contributor for executing on this evolution.
• Are you a leader, influencer and innovator?
• Do you want to be part of an agile software development, collaborative environment?
• Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
• Do you love to solve problems and find creative solutions?
• Own the end to end delivery of key features and functions for major system enhancements
• Design and develop high quality, secure, scalable software solutions based on technical requirements specifications and design artifacts within expected time and budget
• Perform functional and performance testing of solutions
• Ensure code is easily maintainable and tracked in version control system
• Participate in architectural decisions and product roadmapping
• Research, create and evaluate technical solution alternatives for the business needs
•Assist in examining commercially available and forthcoming industry technologies related to area of expertise. Research on current and upcoming technologies and application appropriate frameworks and provide recommendations to Management. Perform PoCs (Proof of Concept) and help Department in the selection of Technology. Proactively create and maintain solution and technology road maps.
• Ensure adequate test coverage in Unit Testing, System Testing/Integration Testing and Performance Testing. Perform Quality Inspections and Walkthroughs throughout the SDLC including Requirements Review, Architecture Review, Design Review, Code Review and Security Review to ensure compliance with MasterCard standards. Support collection and reporting of project and software metrics. Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
All About You
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Technology related field or equivalent work experience
• Must be proficient in JAVA/ J2EE and/or C++
• Additional experience working with large data volumes, multithreaded concurrent development, and performance tuning is preferred
• Experience using agile methodologies
• Experience leading small teams
• High energy, can-do attitude, strong desire to succeed
• Strong Analytical skills
• Ability to be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure in an independent environment along with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
• Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written - and strong relationship, collaboration skills and organizational skills.
• Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, frameworks and tools and support multiple concurrent activities and to interface with external / internal resources, working as a member of a matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
See Inside the Office of Mastercard
Mastercard operates one of the world’s fastest payment processing networks, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments, and businesses in hundreds of countries around the world. The company’s products and solutions aim to make everyday activities such as shopping, traveling, running a business, and managing finances easy, secure, and efficient for everyone.
Back to top