Consultant - Database Engineer - NoSQL
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Consultant - Database Engineer - NoSQL
Provide world-class support and expertise to all of MasterCard's NoSQL database environments.
Mastercard's Database Architects set the direction for the enterprise leadership to design and build highly available, scalable and efficient NoSQL database solutions.
Represent Mastercard's Data Architecture team as a subject matter expert in the NoSQL sub domain. Continually look for opportunities to create efficiencies and provide expertise to integrate technologies and platforms into current environments within the NoSQL sub domain. Provide leadership and contribute to technology roadmaps to support MasterCard's vision for all NoSQL technologies.
•What technologies do you have hands-on experience with, and what degree is that experience?
•In your current role, what new database technologies have you integrated into your current environment and how?
•What experience do you have with data migration and integration from multiple systems?
Our Database Program team operates between 7.30am to 3.30pm (AEST) Monday - Sunday. Operating hours during Australian Daylight Saving Time will be 8.30am - 4.30pm (AEDT)
The successful incumbent for this role will need to be able to work a 7.5 hour shift Wednesday to Sunday between the above operating hours.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Forward thinking infrastructure automation and scripting skills.
• Leads in managing clients expectations and communicates proactively.
• Displays excellent collaborative skills to facilitate cross-functional teams.
• Ability to work with team members located in multiple geographies and time zones.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision seeking direction as required.
• The NoSQL DBA will be responsible for designing, deploying and maintaining NOSQL database clusters that will enable and enhance software products and systems used every day by large platforms, applications and groups of users.
• The DBA should have advanced knowledge of some industry standard NoSQL databases such as (MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, etc.) Including creation and implementation of fully functional NoSQL database clusters, ability to maintain multiple development, QA and production NoSQL environments with strong experience in performance tuning.
• Review existing configurations and installations and provide design decisions for improvements to platform environments.
• Assist in planning and performing NoSQL database upgrades and migrations.
• Responsible for providing day-to-day administration support and maintenance for existing and new NoSQL databases.
• Perform production level support and be part of the on call rotation when required.
•Work with NoSQL vendors and their respected support channels when required.
•This position will be responsible for supporting new and existing NoSQL database systems, both internally and future Cloud managed instances and will help guide best practices in database administration, and introduce innovation with automation.
•Work with multiple application teams and developers.
•Lead and set direction for MasterCard's use of best practices and application NoSQL database solutions.
•Work with management to plan and implement new strategies including new tools and products that provide data services.
•Assist in implementing long-term strategic goals for database development in conjunction with end users, managers, clients, and other stakeholders.
•Implement HA solutions and define backup/recovery strategies.
•Identify inefficiencies in current databases and implement improved solutions.
•Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information systems or equivalent experience.
•Requires 5-8 years of related experience in the design, maintenance, and administration of NOSQL databases (Mongo, Cassandra, Redis, etc.).
•Excellent trouble shooting skills.
•Any previous experience with Big-Data Platforms like Hadoop or Apache Spark will be incredibly valuable.
•Previous SQL Server and/or Oracle or PostgreSQL database administration experience is a definite plus.
•Perform debugging, tuning and performance enhancement as well as automation of operational and continuous integration aspect of the NOSQL platform.
•Proficient with the Linux operating system, specifically Oracle Linux Enterprise.
•Working knowledge of Data Modelling.
•Working knowledge of scripting languages, Bash, ksh, perl etc.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Back to top