Consultant Business Analyst
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Consultant Business Analyst
This role is part of a team providing the analysis required to support the development of a global payment gateway product.
In this role, you will work collaboratively with a wide range of business stakeholders to understand business needs, and to determine & shape requirements for new projects. You will apply your finely-honed analysis skills to understand business needs, and then work with O&T colleagues to drive appropriate solutions that meet the customer expectations, deliver the business value and align with the product & systems roadmap.
You will take responsibility for the early project initiation & scoping activities on larger, more complex strategic initiatives within the BA team, and maintain oversight as they progress through analysis. You will operate as the business analyst within agile software development team(s) in delivering projects.
You will also act as the key senior member of the BA team as regards training, coaching & mentoring.
- Analyse business, data, and system interface requirements for roadmap features, system integrations, software maintenance items, or specific customer requests.
- Work with development teams, software architects, product management, and external groups to ensure a clear understanding of business needs, the software application context and the solution proposed.
- Communicate clearly and concisely (both verbally and in the written form) so that problems are effectively analysed, and outcomes agreed.
-Support development of user and release documentation
ALL ABOUT YOU
- This is a technical BA role, coupled with their analysis experience, the successful candidate will also have a background in software engineering to enable them to work closely across the engineering group at all levels and talk comfortably about all things architecture
- Related business or technical qualification (degree or diploma).
- Proven ability to analyse software requirements, model business workflows, and align software requirements to business strategy.
- Proven experience working with software engineering teams, preferably in an agile environment, to collaboratively deliver working software.
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex software systems, and communicate effectively with technical specialists.
- Proven ability in leading analysis activity, both on behalf of and within the Analysis team, with particular focus on eliciting the true requirements in early engagement with the business stakeholders and proposing the optimum solution to deliver business value.
- Proven capacity to balance your work across multiple projects/work streams while still meeting deadlines.
- Possess exemplary written and oral communication skills (English language)
- Able to build effective relationships with stakeholders
- (Highly desirable) Finance or Payment Industry experience
- (Desirable) eCommerce and/or ePOS payment gateway experience
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Mastercard's Employees
VP, Product Development & Innovation
Charlotte and the ACH Payments Team focus on the strategy, development, and commercialization of new products leveraging real-time payments technology. The team was formed in light of Mastercard’s entry into the real-time payments space and acquisition of the UK-based company Vocalink.
Back to top