Consultant, Biz Ops
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Consultant, Biz Ops
Core Clearing BizOps team is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer for who can help us solve problems, build our CI/CD pipeline and lead Mastercard in DevOps automation and best practices.
-Are you a born problem solver who loves to figure out how something works?
-Are you a CI/CD geek who loves all things automation?
-Do you have a low tolerance for manual work and look to automate everything you can?
Business Operations is leading the DevOps transformation at Mastercard through our tooling and by being an advocate for change & standards throughout the development, quality, release, and product organizations. We need team members with an appetite for change and pushing the boundaries of what can be done with automation. Experience in working across development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and to build relationships is a must.
• Lead efforts for Protect and Enable teams responsible for implementing DevOps practices, production readiness, and compliance for MasterCard Core applications
• Lead Business Operations efforts (speed to resolution, bridging the gap between business partners, developers, SLA management, and key support teams. Lead activities for Continuous Delivery / Continuous Improvement, automate existing technical processes, enhanced monitoring, and identify efficiencies for Core Switching applications.
• Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services-from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
• Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
• Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
• Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
• Manage, implement, enhance, and enforce consistent company and department Business Ops practices
• Apply technical and business knowledge to effectively support MasterCard Core Switching applications
• Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
All About You
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• Background in Dev Ops practices a distinct advantage
• Background in automation a distinct advantage
• Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
• Experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby
• High energy and ability to influence others
• Experience in overseeing multiple projects / initiatives concurrently
• Strong understanding of all phases of a Software Development Life Cycle
• Deliver time-saving process improvements that will be repeatable, maintainable, valuable, and fit into MasterCard's Business Operations vision.
• Exceptional communication skills required
• Advanced presentation skills
• Strong project management skills and success in managing large-scale cross-functional teams
• Self-motivated and highly collaborative
• Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
• Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
• Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top