Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. We combine traditional management consulting with our rich data assets and in-house technology to provide our clients with powerful strategic insights and recommendations. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, test-and-learn business experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services.
While specializing in the payments industry, Mastercard Data & Services also works closely with major retailers, airlines, and other enterprises, leveraging data and insights garnered from within and beyond its network.
We are looking for passionate and talented professionals, who share our vision for data-driven consulting, to join us and take a leading role in shaping the growth of our team.
The Consultant is a team member who actively contributes to delivering consulting projects for MasterCard Data & Services clients.
• Contributes towards the development of strategies and programs for large, strategically important regional and global clients
• Independently identifies issues in defined area of analysis, structures analysis with minimal oversight and synthesizes own analysis and identifies relevant implications
• Develop recommendations with oversight, and prepares and delivers prepared presentations with guidance
• Leverages understanding of immediate clients' needs and agenda to provide creative input into project
• Develops day-to-day working relationship with entry-level management
• Identifies engagement risks in immediate area of responsibility
• Supports intellectual capital development from client work and incorporate insights from related intellectual capital/project initiatives
• Contributes to proposal preparation
• Identifies client challenges and bring ideas on opportunities to the attention of senior MasterCard Data & Services staff
All About You:
We recruit for and value the following core competencies:
• Passion: Actively seeks responsibility and takes pride in delivering the highest quality results and recommendations to our clients
• Problem Solving: ability to help define and develop deliverables to solve client problems, and address difficult client situations
• Analytic Excellence: Demonstrates a strong aptitude for structured problem solving and quantitative skills
• Project Management: Clear interest in project delivery with business clients, and intuition for the way that companies make decisions
• Communication and Presence: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in client-facing situations, positioning Mastercard's solutions as high value solutions in sales and delivery conversations
• Teamwork: Willingness to work within small teams to produce outstanding deliverables, with a will to win attitude
• Integrity: Commitment to Mastercard's values of honesty and integrity with a willingness to embrace and learn from our mistakes
• Diverse Perspective: Brings a unique skillset or approach to the table in every client engagement or internal activity
Strong undergraduate degree and one to two years work experience, or advance degree from top programme
Consulting experience from a top-rated consulting firm desirable, as is payments/bankcard expertise and experience, with:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Ability to work on a team or independently
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Back to top