- Purchase, NY
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team - one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
• Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where both attention to detail and big picture focus are equally and critically important?
• Are you eager to understand Mastercard's global business and provide senior management with insight and perspective on governance, risk management, and internal controls?
• Have you been successful as part of a global team with diverse skills and experiences?
Mastercard's global Internal Audit team provides independent and objective assurance and advisory services to assess and enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of Mastercard's governance, risk management and internal control processes. This position will be responsible for leading and/or providing day-to-day support with risk assessment and audit and advisory projects.
• Take ownership of internal audit's relationship with one or more areas of the business, and understand what they do, the risks they face, and how they manage them
• Use that knowledge to contribute to our risk assessment and internal audit plan development processes; help us focus our attention where it will matter most
• Plan and execute risk-based integrated audits (operations, finance, IT) and advisory projects with a focus on strategic priorities, key and emerging risks, and business process optimization
• Identify control gaps and process improvement opportunities, and evaluate compliance with operational, legal, regulatory, finance, and IT policies and procedures
• Develop and communicate meaningful, value-added audit findings and reports that provide clarity to, and stimulate action from, senior management
• Track and monitor management action plans to ensure sustainable resolution of control gaps
• Provide risk and control advice and education for the benefit of the organization, be a champion and advocate for strong risk management and governance controls, and partner with other control functions to strengthen our three lines of defense model
• Be a part of a dynamic global team and work collaboratively with colleagues in various offices around the world
All About You
• Ability to quickly understand and critically analyze complex processes, identify and assess potential risks, and determine whether those risks are appropriately mitigated using various techniques, such as problem solving, root cause, and data analysis
• Demonstrated experience in the fields of internal / external audit, professional credentials (e.g., CIA, CISA, CPA, or equivalent), or experience working in operations, finance, compliance or similar within a major global organization with a strong focus on risk management
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal, including command of written and spoken English; any other languages are a plus
• Intellectually curious, self-motivated, passionate, works well both independently and as part of a team; service-minded, culturally attuned, and flexible
• Committed to self-development; encourages constructive criticism, and seeks opportunities to capitalize on demonstrated strengths and to identify and address development areas
• Able to deliver high-quality work, within budget and on time
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent, with concentration in business, economics, accounting, or finance preferred; advanced education desirable
• Ability to travel up to 30%
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Back to top