Analyst, IMK Strategy, Pricing and Interchange
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Analyst, IMK Strategy, Pricing and Interchange
The Experienced Professional, International Markets Strategy Pricing & Interchange, will support the management and execution of multiple work streams associated to the interchange transformation agenda which includes several pillars and themes such as deployment of global interchange frameworks, roll out of methodologies to enhance alignment of interchange with value, excellence in execution, process supervision, etc.
This position reports to the Director, Strategy Pricing and Interchange - International Markets.
The IMK Pricing and Interchange Department enables Market- and Product-led commercial strategies through economics (i.e. key variables affecting Mastercard's and our customers' profitability) that help Mastercard compete effectively.
We serve +180 markets as subject matter experts with thought leadership and transformational initiatives that propel our business forward.
This position will be responsible to support one of the Interchange Director of the IMK Pricing and Interchange Department to solve key multi-national and cross-functional challenges related to Interchange. This includes developing new interchange for our digital and core products, helping markets optimize their operations, expand acceptance and issuance, support financial inclusion and other Strategic Growth objectives, incorporate methodologies to enhance alignment of interchange with value, excellence in execution, process supervision, etc.
• Are you good at problem-solving? Do you like to be engaged in challenging tasks that push you to learn and develop new skills?
• Are you interested to learn how to lead cross-functional teams and interact with people from different cultures and backgrounds in a diverse environment.
• Are you comfortable working on highly dynamic and demanding environments?
• In this role, it is expected that you will effectively manage and support the execution of a portfolio of transformational interchange initiatives.
• Develop financial models and conduct analysis that supports the Interchange Department's initiatives.
• Execute and follow-up on long-term commercial and product strategy securing Mastercard's place in the core and digital payments environment.
• Partner with multiple teams and markets to advance the identification of solutions, including but not limited to Law Department, O&T, Regional Pricing and Interchange teams, Market Development, Products & Innovation, etc.
• Communicate effectively, in writing and verbally, with peers and management.
• Identify and develop creative solutions, with a strong analytical and fact-based foundation, and lead teams toward its implementation.
• Support the development of theme-specific studies up to including the impact of regulation on operations and businesses.
All About You:
• Engineering, economics, accounting, computing, mathematics, business and other backgrounds that include attitude and ability to solve problems through quantitative methods required.
• Experience applying financial and business management principles, theories and concepts. Experience with financial modeling (e.g., P&L projections, Cost-benefit, ROI, etc.).
• Strategic thinker with a strong orientation to detail.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills; ability to build alignment without direct authority. Strong verbal and written communication skills, ensuring that key messages are articulated in a brief and clear manner.
• Self-managed and self-driven. Able to anticipate needs and execute according to them.
• Ability to turn data into meaningful information and present it in a concise, professional manner for senior management review.
• Strong communication skills and proven ability to lead through influence and thrive despite challenges.
• Ability to interact effectively across multiple functions, geographies, and levels within the company.
• Advanced PC skills including Microsoft Office Suite, data mining, etc.
• Excellent project management skills with the ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
• Ability to handle confidential information and materials with appropriate discretion.
• Bachelors Degree required; MBA highly desirable.
• Limited global travel but required as needed.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Back to top